2000 Audi S4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

quattro 2.7L V6 Twin-turbo AWD - (45 reviews )
AMAZING!!!!!
By burningrubber on 01/15/06 01:06 AM (PST)

2000 Audi S4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

The Audi S4 is about the most amazing vehicle that I have ever driven. This completely outdoes any corvette. I just drove the new C6 and my S4 is faster and more fun to drive, and much more of an everyday car!! I give it hands down to Audi for their amazing technology and design.

Never Again!
By goingbacktojapan on 11/17/05 20:26 PM (PST)

2000 Audi S4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

In the 18 months I've owned this vehicle I put in over $3000 in repairs & maintenance. Something is continually going wrong with this car: Fuel gauge unit, throttle body, fuel line, ABS control unit, CV boot, turn signal. These were not minor repairs as the parts and labor were very expensive. I hope to sell this care very soon. I will never own another Audi.

Great car, take care of it
By Dan on 07/25/05 14:45 PM (PDT)

2000 Audi S4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

The K03 turbo chargers run out of air in the upper RPM range. In order to get full performance out of this car the turbos will need replacement. You will probably blow the stock ones anyways so plan on either getting a car that has a warranty, or spending some serious dough out of pocket to get them fixed

The Perfect Car?
By Jim on 03/11/05 23:17 PM (PST)

2000 Audi S4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Excellent acceleration and handling. Great summer cruiser and ski vehicle. 27mpg on trips. Tends to sandblast rocker panels over time. Essentially a 4-wheel drive, 4-door Corvette I can use to haul my kids to the ski slopes!

Still a great car
By 2Fast on 12/28/04 22:19 PM (PST)

2000 Audi S4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I've had my 2000 Audi S4 for two years now, and it continues to thrill me each and every time I drive it. It's been reliable (so far) and is great fun to drive in the midwest in winter with snow tires. I have held off on upgrading to the newer version, cause I am still happy to be driving this each day.

Fun to drive, nightmare to own
By nomoreaudijunk on 06/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi S4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Issues included: A/C system was improperly assembled and poured water into the passenger seat. Water pump, catalytic converters, oxygen sensors, and coil packs - all replaced. When I brought it in last week, the ABS computer was shot. Cruise control switch shot. This car is a piece of crap. When the cats and pre-cats were replaced under an emissions system warranty, at Metro, I had to pay for new O2 sensors. They were an Audi mandated repair along with the converters, but Audi wouldn't cover it EVEN THOUGH THEY REQUIRED IT AS PART OF THE WARRANTY REPAIR. I got Audi customer service to cover half the cost, and they acted like they were doing me a favor.

Love/Hate
By eastcoasttkd on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi S4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Love it: Fun to drive, especially in the twisties of the North Georgia mountains. Plenty of room for the family of four and trunk space for travel or sports events. Still my favorite car since my 67 Firebird Convertible (and drives much better). Hate it: In less than 35000 miles it has needed a new radio, transmission, clutch, flywheel, driver's airbag, and in-dash electronics. Also, on third set of tires (Bridgestones went at 6k and 17k). Most (including tires) has been covered under warranty (3 years only).

My '00 S4
By CharlyS4 on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi S4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

The most fun I have ever had in a 4 door ride. My buddies '03 M3 is fun to drive but the S4 is a much smoother ride. The minor issues I've had were all covered by warranty... wiper sprayer pump, plastic radiator reservior tank crack, etc. C.

Awesome Ride!!
By S4 Audi Guy on 04/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi S4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I have owned 17 new and used cars over the past 25 years and by far this is the best! No other car has even come close to offering the total package that the S4 delivers. Handling, acceleration, braking, comfort,and luxury

best car yet
By jarett on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Love it besr car i had