Used 2000 Audi S4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Audi S4 - Consumer Reviews

quattro 2.7L V6 Twin-turbo AWD - (45 reviews )

Very responsive in both handling and accelerating
By Robert

2000 Audi S4 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

This car is very responsive in both handling and accelerating. The ride quality is still good, but may be a bit too soft for some prospective buyers looking at sport sedans. There is a wide variety of performance after-market parts for this car.

Low end torque.

Transmission linkage is a bit too notchy.

Still a joy to drive...
By Vic B

2000 Audi S4 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I'm the original owner of my 2000 Audi S4 and every time I think about getting a different car; with the next drive, I forget all about it. This car is truly a joy to drive; sports car performance with sedan versatility. Fold the rear seats down and it can hold most anything I want to haul. Currently have 86000 miles with the original turbos and the car is chipped. You can drive the car hard, but be smart about proper warm-up and cool-down for longevity. This car requires proper maintenance and it can be expensive. But in exchange, the S4 rewards you by putting a smile on your face each and every time you get behind the wheel and hit the gas.

Gobs of torque - classy, stealthy look with awesome acceleration and handling. Quattro - with the right tires (summer and winter sets), you have one of the fastest vehicle on the road in rain or snow. Cockpit layout and instrumentation color. Bullet-proof engine - very tunable for 300+ hp.

Timing chain vs belt. Shifter feel and center display pixeling after time.

Love a first sight
By Oscar Vera

2000 Audi S4 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought my Audi from my boss who needed a van for his family so I took it off his hands. I was like love a first sight. I've had it for a year. Dependable, great handling. Works great in the winter. Haven't seen a car around town to beat me. Really fast car and nice luxurious touch in the inside as well as the outside

6 speed, really fast. It sends your head to the back of the seat when you step on it. Everything is digital on touch windows. Bose speakers. Nice leather on seats

Spend some more time on warranties. I've replaced a water pump, timing belt, radiator, thermostat, radiator fan, and a front bumper but that was somebody elses fault.

Great car
By cutterhead

2000 Audi S4 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Purchased this car new and have really enjoyed it. Now that it's 8 years old I'm thinking about something else, but this one is still a lot of fun and I only have 65k miles on it. No major problems but have had issues with the navigation system (ok, maybe in 2000 it was OK, but really is a joke by today's standards) a hand full of sensors and what I'm told is carbon build up on the intake plenum that seems to need cleaning all the time.

Excellent handling, even in wet weather. Reasonably fast. Good power throughout the speed range

Dump the Bose sound system. My right rear speaker went belly up about a month after the warranty expired. The dealer hinted that this happens a lot. Nothing like paying a premium for the Bose brand and getting sub par quality

Excellent Car
By Daniel Connolly

2000 Audi S4 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I just purchased this beautiful car through a private sale, 180000 kms. The car is still as beautiful as the day it was made, everything works perfect. Great power and amazing handling. I love the interior design but there might be a bit too many buttons. Looks really good with aftermarket Pirelli tires and 18inch rims. Overall this car is a 10/10 for me. Hope you enjoy yours as much!

V6 Twin turbo, tip tronic shifting