2000 Audi S4 - Consumer Reviews

quattro 2.7L V6 Twin-turbo AWD - (0 review )
Very responsive in both handling and accelerating
By Robert on 12/20/09 13:19 PM (PST)

2000 Audi S4 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

This car is very responsive in both handling and accelerating. The ride quality is still good, but may be a bit too soft for some prospective buyers looking at sport sedans. There is a wide variety of performance after-market parts for this car.

Still a joy to drive...
By Vic B on 01/13/09 11:51 AM (PST)

2000 Audi S4 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I'm the original owner of my 2000 Audi S4 and every time I think about getting a different car; with the next drive, I forget all about it. This car is truly a joy to drive; sports car performance with sedan versatility. Fold the rear seats down and it can hold most anything I want to haul. Currently have 86000 miles with the original turbos and the car is chipped. You can drive the car hard, but be smart about proper warm-up and cool-down for longevity. This car requires proper maintenance and it can be expensive. But in exchange, the S4 rewards you by putting a smile on your face each and every time you get behind the wheel and hit the gas.

Love a first sight
By Oscar Vera on 09/06/08 11:34 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi S4 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought my Audi from my boss who needed a van for his family so I took it off his hands. I was like love a first sight. I've had it for a year. Dependable, great handling. Works great in the winter. Haven't seen a car around town to beat me. Really fast car and nice luxurious touch in the inside as well as the outside

Great car
By cutterhead on 07/31/08 13:49 PM (PDT)

2000 Audi S4 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Purchased this car new and have really enjoyed it. Now that it's 8 years old I'm thinking about something else, but this one is still a lot of fun and I only have 65k miles on it. No major problems but have had issues with the navigation system (ok, maybe in 2000 it was OK, but really is a joke by today's standards) a hand full of sensors and what I'm told is carbon build up on the intake plenum that seems to need cleaning all the time.

Excellent Car
By Daniel Connolly on 01/28/08 13:59 PM (PST)

2000 Audi S4 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I just purchased this beautiful car through a private sale, 180000 kms. The car is still as beautiful as the day it was made, everything works perfect. Great power and amazing handling. I love the interior design but there might be a bit too many buttons. Looks really good with aftermarket Pirelli tires and 18inch rims. Overall this car is a 10/10 for me. Hope you enjoy yours as much!

Great Car
By Jon1121x on 10/27/06 06:41 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi S4 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

This car is by far the best car I have purchased. I knew I wanted to go towards German Automotive, but I had no idea the excellence I was getting myself into with buying this S4. All my friends a drowning in their envy. I love this car.

What a fun car!
By Edward on 08/29/06 13:51 PM (PDT)

2000 Audi S4 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

In both summer and winter conditions, this car is amazing. With a twin turbo and plenty of horspower it really moves. In the winter, with the right snow tires it handles amazingly well (better than my wifes huge landcruiser). Note, make sure that you put winter snow tires on this car if you drive in the snow. the summer tires that come with the car are dangerous in snow. Overall, I loved owning this car!

Great when purchased, great now.
By Erik Moeser on 07/16/06 19:56 PM (PDT)

2000 Audi S4 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

This has been an excellent car. Snows/winter wheels essential, and it is like a cat. Mostly problem free... new headlight washer pump(s?) and oxygen sensor, the latter fixed under emissions control warranty. Otherwise just routine maintenance. Performance suggest torque/hp ratings understated, as it feels fully as quick as the newer V8 models. Interior is of ultra high quality materials and design, and looks/feels as new after more than 6 years. Whole car is tight and performs as new. An absolute bargain at today's used car value, even putting aside $ for possible eventual repairs.

This car is so well-rounded
By Joseph R. on 03/26/06 17:55 PM (PST)

2000 Audi S4 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Looks, performance, practical body style, reasonable price, and all- weather capability. Reliability of mine has been much better than some of the stories I have heard. Currently 103 kmi on it and the following has happened: water temperature sending unit replaced, three rear wheel bearings replaced (one twice), ABS module rebuilt, three rear Bose speakers replaced (one twice), cruise control needed electrical cleaner, headlight washers were fixed, front brakes replaced twice (normal), timing belt changed, along with all- associated hardware and a failing water pump (normal, but expensive repair), battery replaced (normal) and MAF sensor replaced. Up to 28 mi/gal achieved.

Great car
By Rick on 01/28/06 16:41 PM (PST)

2000 Audi S4 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I have the car three years and only mods were a APR chip and K&N. Big difference in performance and has been very reliable. Had to do timing belt and water pump at 72000 because water pump puked. Very expensive part of the ownership. Car is awsome and very aatractive. Used it for a work commuter for a year but found gas expensives forced car to become weekend toy.

1 2 3 4 5 next »