Used 1994 Audi S4 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Audi S4 - Consumer Reviews

1994 Audi S4 Sedan

quattro 2.2L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual - (6 reviews )

94 UrS4 classic AWD performance/safety
By Brian

1994 Audi S4 Sedan quattro Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

I have owned my dark green on ecru leather S4 for over 2 years now, and I love it. It is costly to maintain, but it is very safe and fun to drive. Roomy for everyone and comfortable. The 5 spd is beautiful and the turbo makes this car Porsche fast! I have 107k on it now, perhaps I will keep it forever. I get about 22 mpg. It is lowered and has 17 inch BBS wheels on it. It stops, corners, and drives excellent. ***** star crash rating keeps me driving this with ease and poise. A few AMGs, WRXs, and R32s know what these are, but for most it is a sleeper. I have only had it up to 125 mph, but I have heard it will go 165 mph easily if you had the space to do it! IA chip, fun car, find one-love it.

Favorite Features

All wheel drive, turbo, 7,000 redline, color-green, light interior with wood and black/chrome accents, Bose, roomy, safe, fun to drive, quiet and fast, rear fog light, rear heated seats. Recarro seats-try to find better!

Suggested Improvements

Chip, zimmerman cross drilled rotors, ABT/Bilstein suspension, 2bennett boost gauge and camber kit, BBS wheels or 17 or 18 in. upgrade, would like more head room, but not much I can do about that! Better pwr. door lock system.

D's S4
By Dcasanovas

1994 Audi S4 Sedan quattro Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

I have owned my pearl white '94 S4 for two years now and couldn't be happier. Prior I had owned a black '94 S4 which I also loved and I believe was instrumental to my survival of a serious accident. Based on that, I purchased my current S4. It is fun to drive, comfortable and, for a turbo charged car offers great gas mileage (I have gotten 500 miles/tank on long distance- highway drives). While my vehicle currently has 191,000 miles (it is my daily driver) and I realize I will need to purchase something newer at some point; I will never get rid of this car.

Favorite Features

Front seats and back bench are heated, radio/speaker quality is still wonderful, amazingly comfortable to drive (I do a lot of long-distance driving), ample trunk space, the car is quick and handles wonderfully as well.

German Gem
By S4 guy

1994 Audi S4 Sedan quattro Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

A great performance/luxury car that's a steal at the values it can be bought at now. Quattro never ceases to amaze me, even in the dead of Canadian winters. (4 wheel drifts in the snow are a lot of fun too!) Overall it's been a wonderful car.

Favorite Features

Beautiful car, still looks great even after 11 years. Very fast, performance is incredible, especially on the highway where it pulls like a freight train. Performance modifications are amazing for this car, the spare parts from the Audi/Porsche RS2 turn this thing into a real beast.

Suggested Improvements

I've been lucky enough that in the 4 years of owning my S4, relatively nothing has gone wrong. A friend of mine who's an Audi mechanic tells me that these 5 cylinder engines are incredibly reliable, the only problems the car is known for are electrical gremlins.

Perfect
By abila

1994 Audi S4 Sedan quattro Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

Pretty cool for summer period especially on our road.

Favorite Features

Colour, AC,tyres, alloy rims

One of Audis best
By agentblu

1994 Audi S4 Sedan quattro Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

When this car came out in 94 it was very far ahead of the competition in design, comfort performance and quality. This car still holds these values over many of todayís new cars. The car is solid and fast just as if it were driven off the lot new. The performance in the rain is excellent and can't be beat. Interior is beautiful with leather and wood trim. The dash is beautifully rounded with racecar style gauges. The look of vehicle is still modern and many of my friendís thought the car was on a few years old. This car has actually inspired three of my friends to purchase Audis, and that in itself says a great deal about these vehicles.

Favorite Features

Styling, performance, seats are excellent, comfort, fit and finish.