Used 1993 Audi S4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Audi S4 - Consumer Reviews

quattro 2.2L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual - (6 reviews )

Exceptional Drive
By Dan

1993 Audi S4 quattro Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

My 1994 Audi S4 is an exceptional vehicle. After 13 years I'm ready for another option. I will keep the S4 in the garage and drive it into retirement. I have had absolutely no mechanical problems with it. It has a classic design. No one believes me when I tell them the vehicle is 13 years old. Only have 102,000 miles on it and plan on putting another 50,000. My son has requested the vehicle be placed in his name in my estate planning. Power whenever you need it on the highway. I would not change a thing.

AWD for snow and wet pavement. Can take long trips with no discomfort from seats.

Honestly, would not change a thing. I wish I could buy another new one.

great car!
By crymer

1993 Audi S4 quattro Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

This car truly is a great example of German automaking. Fast, fun, reliable, it does everything well. Quattro makes it able to drive fast in rain or snow when other cars just can't get traction.

all-wheel drive, quick transmission, easily tuneable engine, beefy drivetrain and brakes. good ergonomics.

rear sway bar or stiffer springs help for racing/autocross. gas-shocks help

1993 Audi S4, Not made this well anymore
By Sports car fan

1993 Audi S4 quattro Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

This is a super car that not only has very high performance, but also is extremely reliable. Sure if you are stupid enough to add dumb performance parts such as computer chips you will ruin the car and make it unreliable, but I have had mine for 11 years and it has been virtually flawless. Okay I had a PS hose or two replaced, but that is it, all around this car is still like new with no rattles and solid to drive. Can't say that about many other cars that are out there 11 years old with over 110K miles.

Very quick, looks beautifully sporty, great visability, and goes like crazy in the snow. These early S4s even with 110K+ miles still handle exceptionally well, and run like new with very quick acceleration, and how about all this and 25mpg too.

NONE. Today to get a car like this you would have to spend upwards of $75K, and so these early S4 are a steal if you can find one for under $20K.

great car for a mechanic
By car_nut

1993 Audi S4 quattro Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought my S4 based on performance and longevity. What I didn't realize is the cost of operation. I saw these cars hitting 300k miles, many of them modified for extra horsepower. Well, I had many problems and could tell more were about to surface. For a car that had a sticker of nearly $50k you would think it would be bullet proof reliable. The drivetrain and quattro systems are incredible and a blast to drive in snow and push through turns on dry pavement. The problem is with all the other systems and components. This car never went 10k miles without some kind of repair or adjustment needed even when new.

Drivetrain, quattro, all the power goodies.

Reliability of components.

Oldie but a goodie
By car_nut

1993 Audi S4 quattro Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

The S4 is a great combination of luxury and performance. A unique 5 cyl. turbo coupled with a 5 speed transmision and all wheel drive, make this car extremely fun to drive. It is great fun to accelerate through the curves and feel the quattro glue you to the road. Hope to put many more miles on this one.

Drivetrain and quattro.