Used 1992 Audi S4 quattro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Audi S4 - Consumer Reviews

quattro 2.2L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual - (6 reviews )

Love this car!!
By draky

1992 Audi S4 quattro Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

A few months ago I bought my used 1992 S4. This car is so amazing! I drive it daily and have minimal modifications on it from previous drivers, only things changed was to bring it up to date anyway. Car handles amazing! Drives like a dream! It does have a little turbo lag, but that just makes it more fun to drive. I high recommend finding a good/prime example of one of these and holding onto it!

Favorite Features

HID projector lights, handling, drive feel, reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Hmmm... if you get one, upgrade the coil to modern day as the old ones weren't as good and if it fails you will have problems finding another.

Excellent buy
By Matthew

1992 Audi S4 quattro Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought this vehicle from a family member almost two years ago and have loved every minute of ownership. The vehicle did have a problem with first gear(it's a 5 speed manuel)where there was a nasty grinding noise. I had to have the transmission replaced but I bought knowing this would have to occure. Since then I've absolutely loved driving the vehicle. I agree with many of the posts that the turbo is a bomb when it kicks in.

Favorite Features

Turbo, cornering ability, sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Cheaper parts. It's German though so what do I expect.

Overall Great Car
By TopNotch

1992 Audi S4 quattro Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought this car with 133,000 on it and drove it from AZ to MN with no problems(now has 152,000). The seats in this car are great, I could have driven the whole trip without stopping. The power delivery in this car is great, once the turbo spools the car takes off. Havn't spent too much on the car other than regular maintenance. Car has no rattles in it, solidly built! It has been very reliable for me and I would drive it cross country in an instant. Highly recommend this car to anyone!!

Favorite Features

Turbo, Turbo Noise, Quattro, Handling is Great, Stops well, Uber Comfy Seats, Large Trunk Space, Rarity(I've never seen another 92!), Interior Styling.

Suggested Improvements

Pedal positions for better heel/toe. More power of course!

A True quality built car. Blast to drive
By Todd

1992 Audi S4 quattro Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

Wished it a had a shorter nose. Fully electrical w/voice recognition phone (who else had that standard in '92). Cornering is pure adrenaline and the turbo will defintely put you back in your seat. However, that's the only problem I've had with my car. The Turbo has been somewhat on-again, off-again. Ride is very comfortable with fully adjustable heated seats, yet when the heat is on the suspension gets stiff. Very quiet inside the car.

Favorite Features

voice activated phone, bose/audi stereo, QUATTRO, Turbo, Recaro styled seats, Leather and Wood trim, Sunroof, Tilting passenger mirror when in reverse, and the list goes on.

Suggested Improvements

Beef up the turbo or put in a chip :)

Awesome Car!!!!
By TurboAudiS4

1992 Audi S4 quattro Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

The original S4 is an awesome car, especially the '92. it has a rear sway bar, which every other year lacked, it also was the only year to offer the boost gauge and wood interior. It has great potential to be a realy fast car (400 hp+). the only downside is that the parts are hard to find due to the very limited production run of the S4/S6 (aprox. 5,000 made it to the US and Canada)but they are a great all around car, definatly the best of its day, and still a great car by todays standards.

Favorite Features

POWER, ALL WHEEL DRIVE.

Suggested Improvements

easier to locate, cheaper parts