2016 Audi S3 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Audi S3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S3 model:

THE best car I've ever driven
By Emma

2016 Audi S3 Sedan 2.0T Prestige quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Coming out of a 2010 Audi S4 I really didn't know how I'd like downsizing my engine, but fuel economy is important to me so an S3 it was. I truly believe this car was made for me. It's luxurious, it's FAST, and it corners way better than my S4 ever did. The factory sound system (B&O) is second to none and the technology is very up-to-date. My days are actually a little brighter since this little car has entered my life. Audi has created a true masterpiece.

2016 Audi S3 is terrific!
By Jim Glass

2016 Audi S3 Sedan 2.0T Prestige quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I consider myself a bona fide car nut this being my 38th car I've purchased. Just to correct one thing, it does have a USB port in the console under the armrest right next to the Audi connect port. For perspective, I've owned several BMW's including 3 and 5 series, a Z4 3.0 and a slew of Benzes ranging from S-Class and G-Wagen to SLK and CLK430 and currently a mint CLS500. Two cars before this purchase, I owned a Porsche Cayman S for 4 years. I've autocrossed, done track days and been a sports car fan since the late 50's when I first saw Jim Kimberly in his Ferrari win a race. Enough history. I shopped the M235i and MB GLA45 AMG before making this buy. The S3 is a true entry level luxury rocket. It has all the tech anyone could want (and probably never use). Mine is a Prestige and has all the Driver's assistance goodies, e.g. adaptive cruise, lane assist, blind spot monitoring, Presense braking, etc. These things are truly workable and disconnectable, great for interstate cruising. Now there is also Launch Control, along with 4 driving modes. The sound when in Dynamic, or S drive is among the best I've heard. And did I mention this thing really does fly. Audi says 0-60 in 4.7 sec. Motor Trend, C&D say 4.4 sec. One does have to know how to make it launch but it can be done in several ways only has one "must" step, disable the traction control. Shift to "S"or manual, disable the TC, step on the brake and floor the gas. It winds up to 4,000rpm. Take your foot off the brake and hold on. The sports seat are very comfortable but lack electric adjustment! Don't select the sports seats and you get electric. This isn't a big issue unless a number of different drivers will use the car. Not a problem for me. One other lux feature missing but available if ordered at the port is Homelink. It's not on the option list but ask if it is a must have and it can be installed. The B&O audio is terrific and entertainment sound options are numerous, Sirius, two of your own SD cards, BT stream through your phone or iPad, and it all works easily, automatically once you hook it up. The MMI system is as noted by many auto mags, easy to use and a really nice interface. On a closing note, neither the BMW or Benz interiors are nearly as nice and they don't have all of Audi's tech either... and comparably equipped (to the extent possible) they will cost $5-8,000 more. Check their depreciation vs Audi's 53% after 5 years. In summary, if you're in the market for a small luxury road rocket, you must give this car a look.

Audi S3
By Bob Duarte

2016 Audi S3 Sedan 2.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

After looking at various websites including Edmumds.com and using their buying service. I received a great deal on a 2016 Audi S3. The car is very well optioned and is a lot of fun to drive. It is very quick, brakes superbly and very fun to drive. The car has a fantastic audio system, Bang and Olephson. I would highly recommend this vehicle.

Switched from BMW E90 - Zero Regrets
By S3 Audi Convert

I was nervous switching out of my aging (2007) BMW 335, being a long-time fan of BMWs, but after getting settled into my new S3, I'm a solid convert. Handling and agility are tight and inspire confidence. Acceleration is great, especially for the size of the engine; after taking it out for a spin, it took some effort to convince my friends and family that it was only a four-cylinder engine. Shifting into higher gear at high revs sounds great, but engine noise when daily driving is calm and unobtrusive.

The size is great for an urban area when you still want to fit people in the backseat - I'm 5'11" and would be just fine sitting in the back on a decent road trip, though the back is not super roomy. I prefer the smaller wheelbase over the BMW, as it only adds to the zippy feel of the car.

I compared the Golf R and the BMW M235, and was most impressed and got the best deal by far with the S3. A must is the performance package (either the standard or the black optic) - the magnetic suspension is taut when on smooth freeways but welcomingly smooth when avoiding potholes in the city.

Extremely happy with my purchase, and would recommend to anyone in the market for a car that is sporty, luxurious, practical (relatively), and a great value. You'll love it.

The little S3 that could
By barmoley

I am really enjoying this car. I didn't expect to enjoy it this much, but I do. I am coming from driving a 2012 E93 BMW M3 convertible, which was an excellent car in its own right. I expected to like the S3 after test driving it, but I could never imagine that I will like driving it more than the M3. Where the M3 felt powerful and fast the S3 feels quick and nimble. It is difficult to explain, but for me, driving the S3 is more relaxing and more controlled at the same time. M3 had better steering and better breaks even though S3's steering and breaks are excellent too. I like the power delivery of the S3 better. In S mode there is no turbo/transmission lag and D mode is OK for everyday driving. Magnetic/Active damping makes the car more comfortable, it is stiff, but not nearly as harsh as the M3 was.

One thing I haven't figured out and having a slight trouble with is the Bluetooth connection. I am using it with Nexus 6P and streaming music gets muted very shortly after the car starts and Bluetooth gets connected. The music is still streamed but sound is not coming through the car or the phone. I need to turn off Bluetooth on my phone and turn it back on to fix it. After that all is well. Also, if I use Waze and Audible through Bluetooth, Waze interrupts the audiobook, but there is no sound coming from Waze, so I know that it was trying to tell me something, but not what it was trying to say.