2003 Audi RS 6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

quattro 4.2L V8 Twin-turbo AWD 5-speed Automatic - (17 reviews )
Truly a beast
By Justin on 05/10/06 17:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Audi RS 6 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I started driving about three years ago, just as the RS6 came to the U.S. I received an A6 2.8 for my first car, a loved the way the car drove. Recently, I have become obsessed with owning an RS6; so I purchased one. This car is amazing; it handles corners in the wet like no other family sedan, and it will lay waste to most Porsches and Ferraris. I hate putting the miles on my RS6, but it is so fun to drive, I have to take it out of the garage at least once a week. It truly is a beast of a car.

most exciting car I've ever owned!
By RandyC on 01/26/06 00:24 AM (PST)

2003 Audi RS 6 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned and loved '67 Austin Cooper S, '95 Mercedes C36 AMG, '01 Audi S6, and '03 Audi S8, but this RS6 Is at the top of the heap! The seats are the most comfortable I've had in any Audi. The 3 spoke steering wheel is perfect. The acceleration is indescribeable - I'm thinking maybe space shuttle! If you hit the brakes hard, you get a straight stop that feels like you hit the emergency catch net on an aircraft carrier! The Quattro does it's job flawlessly and undetectably. Despite the incredible levels of performance, this car is docile enough that my 76 year old mother could drive it.

Audi RS6
By rayon-ion on 10/03/05 13:05 PM (PDT)

2003 Audi RS 6 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

A very fast car, marvelous on the highway and fun to drive. Great acceleration between 80 mph and 130 mph. Not as good on a slalom as a BMW 5 series because the forward engine results in a large moment of inertia, but dynamite on those sweeping 120 MPH curves. It has been trouble free. The tires, as on so many performance cars, are not able to take potholes (expensive lesson), but they grip extremely well. For a car with more than 400 lb-ft of torque, the all-wheel drive allows you to drive with surprising ease on icy roads. It gets 25 mpg on the highway at 60 mph but about 15 mph in heavy traffic (i.e., it ain't cheap, with that 93 octane fuel needed by the 10:1 compression ratio).

Traded up
By torved on 09/16/05 13:24 PM (PDT)

2003 Audi RS 6 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

The RS6's understated appearance coupled with its generous power makes for an uncomplicated driving experience. It is not often that I find the need to indulge in the full power of this vehicle, but it's satisfying when it is needed.

So much fun.. so practical..
By NYC driver on 09/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi RS 6 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

A perfect compromise for my family. Outrageously fun to drive. Enough room in the back for a car seat. I keep looking for excuses to go out an drive the car. Pick-up is great from 0-60. Pick-up when passing (50 - 90) is simply unbelievable. If you get one, you're going to want to live in it (and you could probably buy a small apartment in the mid-west for the same price, so maybe you should). If price is no object and you want a car that is both fun and practical, this is it.

Epitome of the four P's
By jatwrite on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi RS 6 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

Panache, practicality (roomy back seat) and phantastically phast -- what more could one want? Better MPG, maybe, but comparable cars are just as bad (e.g. E55 AMG) -- and they don't have or offer All Wheel Drive. I've never driven this much in one year (24K mi), which says a lot. Spent time in shop after 10K mi but turns out that was due to poor communication at Audi rather than parts availability, which was blamed at the time. Also have 2000 Audi S4 & need to sell one of them. Love the S4 too; more nimble and, with a chip, almost as fast. But even tho selling the RS6 would bring $40+K more, I have no such plans. RS6 pleases eyes, ears, even nose!

Best car ever
By GSMH on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Audi RS 6 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

My S8 was good, but the RS6 is spectacular. The only "con" is the mediocre interior detail. NAV is terrible system requires new CD halfway from Philly to NY. Transmission and most everything is last years. No map screen. The performance is wonderful. With all the disappointment with the "old" equipment, I bought two.

Audi RS6
By Walter Sheldon on 02/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Audi RS 6 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

Until I find something faster this is the ideal car

Audi RS6
By Jon Orloff on 01/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Audi RS 6 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

A superb handling car with explosive acceleration, good ergonomics, excellent comfort. Holds four people comfortably, but has a small trunk space. Excellent audio system and GPS navigation system (although no map). The all-wheel drive adds greatly to the handling in wet/snowy weather. The brakes are superb.

My First Audi
By ccarlton on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Audi RS 6 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I'm very happy with this vehicle. I can only compare it to my experience driving an imitation NASCAR vehicle at Richard Petty's experience. It delivers on everything I ask of it. The only issue I have is with the Darn OnStar system.