Used 2003 Audi RS 6 quattro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Audi RS 6 - Consumer Reviews

quattro 4.2L V8 Twin-turbo AWD 5-speed Automatic - (17 reviews )

Truly a beast
By Justin

2003 Audi RS 6 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I started driving about three years ago, just as the RS6 came to the U.S. I received an A6 2.8 for my first car, a loved the way the car drove. Recently, I have become obsessed with owning an RS6; so I purchased one. This car is amazing; it handles corners in the wet like no other family sedan, and it will lay waste to most Porsches and Ferraris. I hate putting the miles on my RS6, but it is so fun to drive, I have to take it out of the garage at least once a week. It truly is a beast of a car.

My favorite features are the F1 styled gear shifters located on the steering wheel, and the carbon fiber trim with the brushed aluminum surface.

This car cannot be improved (Put a pair of wings on it and it might fly away).

most exciting car I've ever owned!
By RandyC

2003 Audi RS 6 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned and loved '67 Austin Cooper S, '95 Mercedes C36 AMG, '01 Audi S6, and '03 Audi S8, but this RS6 Is at the top of the heap! The seats are the most comfortable I've had in any Audi. The 3 spoke steering wheel is perfect. The acceleration is indescribeable - I'm thinking maybe space shuttle! If you hit the brakes hard, you get a straight stop that feels like you hit the emergency catch net on an aircraft carrier! The Quattro does it's job flawlessly and undetectably. Despite the incredible levels of performance, this car is docile enough that my 76 year old mother could drive it.

acceleration, braking, seat comfort, stealth looks, an exhaust note at idle that works better than a testosterone patch, a cruising exhaust note that's soothing and not loud or crude, 24 mpg if I'm not driving in town. No rattles or squeaks.

other than updating to 2005 A6 amenities like rain- sensing wipers, auto headlights, and DVD nav, I wouldn't change anything at all. And that's saying a lot for me!

Audi RS6
By rayon-ion

2003 Audi RS 6 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

A very fast car, marvelous on the highway and fun to drive. Great acceleration between 80 mph and 130 mph. Not as good on a slalom as a BMW 5 series because the forward engine results in a large moment of inertia, but dynamite on those sweeping 120 MPH curves. It has been trouble free. The tires, as on so many performance cars, are not able to take potholes (expensive lesson), but they grip extremely well. For a car with more than 400 lb-ft of torque, the all-wheel drive allows you to drive with surprising ease on icy roads. It gets 25 mpg on the highway at 60 mph but about 15 mph in heavy traffic (i.e., it ain't cheap, with that 93 octane fuel needed by the 10:1 compression ratio).

Terrific acceleration and great brakes. Stiff suspension and steering allow for good sport driving. Corners as if on rails. Yet, it carries four adults comfortably.

Turn signal indicator (holding the cruise controls) is too close to the steering wheel. Storage space is limited.

Traded up
By torved

2003 Audi RS 6 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

The RS6's understated appearance coupled with its generous power makes for an uncomplicated driving experience. It is not often that I find the need to indulge in the full power of this vehicle, but it's satisfying when it is needed.

Solid feel and road performance.

More advanced navigation and communication systems.

So much fun.. so practical..
By NYC driver

2003 Audi RS 6 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

A perfect compromise for my family. Outrageously fun to drive. Enough room in the back for a car seat. I keep looking for excuses to go out an drive the car. Pick-up is great from 0-60. Pick-up when passing (50 - 90) is simply unbelievable. If you get one, you're going to want to live in it (and you could probably buy a small apartment in the mid-west for the same price, so maybe you should). If price is no object and you want a car that is both fun and practical, this is it.

Drives like a dream. I'm knocking off work early today to go drive the Beast. Beautiful interior and subtly powerful exterior.

Better Nav system? A color map might be nice. I don't love the parking sensor for backing up, and wouldn't mind finding a way to disable that.