Extraordinary
By oberstb on
2013 Audi RS 5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 7AM)
I replaced my 2010 S5 with a 2013 RS5 in December. The S5 was great; the RS5 is an order of magnitude beyond that. It handles beautifully (I never considered raving about steering but the way it steers had to be experienced to be believed: whoever thought turning a corner could be so much fun), the controls are well-placed and intuitive. The Google GPS is a treat. Let's face it, no one needs 450 horsepower, but my, my it sure is nice to have it. Do yourself a favor and spring for the sports exhaust, 'cause if you ever feel depressed all you have to do is sit in your driveway and rev the engine; why take a pill? If that doesn't work, just get it on the road and shift to sports mode.
Favorite Features
This is a driver's car, so everything about it plays to that aspect. The specs discuss the steering, variable adjustment of front to rear drive, movement of power to the wheels on the side of the car going into a turn. From experience, I can say that the words accurately describe what happens, although you really have to drive it to feel it. Contrary to some comments I've read I just don't think that a 7-speed manual transmission would add anything of significant value. On the list of things I didn't know I'd really like is the adaptive cruise control: with it you could drive from one end of your state to the other on the interstate and likely never touch the brake.
Suggested Improvements
I would like to be able to adjust the suspension, which ranges from firm to very firm. On a smooth surface it's not a problem, but on rough roads you feel every bump, rut, dip, or pebble. Also, it would be nice if the seats were cooled as well as heated. And, I'd like to be able to adjust the steering wheel with a power button rather than manually. The latter two are in the category of 'nice to have' but the former would be a real improvement. Your teeth and your back will not enjoy moving rapidly over rough terrain.