Used 2008 Audi RS 4 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Audi RS 4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

quattro 4.2L V8 AWD 6-speed Manual - (11 reviews )

Audi RS4
By Eric

2008 Audi RS 4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've had my RS4 for just over a year. The V8 is amazing. Put it in S mode and it gets scary. The suspension tightens and it sounds like you have a whole different engine in the car. The torque really shows its face when going uphill on the freeway. It just accelerates as if someone is feeding more horsepower. Very little sign of fatigue. It's a heavy car but I like that. Built solid.

Such a joy to drive and own
By johnnyb1

2008 Audi RS 4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

My RS4 continues to amaze me every time I take her for a drive. Amazing in every way and especially when you consider what a wonderful daily driver the RS4 can be. I've been able to get 24.9 mpg when driving very conservatively. What other 400+ HP V8 car can you say that about? My only complaint is the location of the parking brake with regard to the arm rest. Otherwise, perfect.

Engine, transmission, interior build quality handling, utility, looks.

Electronic parking brake.

Daily performance
By Left Main

2008 Audi RS 4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Overall, this car has been a pleasure to own. I previously owned an '04 S4 that still brought smiles to my face after four years. The RS4, however, really is a very different beast. The engine has a very distinctive character. Not only is the sound phenomenal but it just simply has more oomph throughout the rpm range. This is especially true above 5000rpm where the tach rushes to redline. Living in the northeast, the car has been wonderful in snow and ice. It is easy to drive even with the "S" mode activated (I had read where this made smooth driving difficult, but I disagree). The ride can be harsh but is superior to the S4.

Stealthy appearance - I have the titanium package which removes some of the differentiating features compared to the A4. Engine is phenomenal as above with a great sound. Usual Audi quality interior. Four season capability.

Make the "S" mode the default setting. Would still welcome even more power.

World performance car of the year
By champ

2008 Audi RS 4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I recently just purchased a 2008 Audi RS4 roughly 3 weeks ago and just absolutely love it! There is no road or track that this beast of a sedan can't handle. Quattro all-wheel drive being implemented into this car is just fantastic. Driving up a road that was icy cars were unable to climp up that particular pass, I passed them with no trouble whatsoever and the looks on their faces were priceless. Wondering how in the world I managed to do it so easily. Nontheless it's an everyday performance sedan that you can actually accommodate passengers in the back seat, yet alone have enough space for just about anything with an extensive amount of trunk space.

Performance, ride handling/control, brakes, quattro, interior luxury, and not too in your face. Only car enthusiasts will recognize it!

perhaps a couple of extra inches in the back seat would be nice. Back up camera. Audi side assist like in the new Audi A4s telling you if a car is in your blind spot while switching lanes

Excellent car
By JMV1

2008 Audi RS 4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased the 2008 RS4 in July 07 and took delivery toward the end of October 07. I have not yet had a good chance to put it to any serious tests. However, from what I can tell so far, it is an extraordinary car and has exceeded my expectations on most accounts. You'll be amazed at how nice the car feels driving on mildly winding roads at 30-50 mph, and you'll be equally as impressed with it's ability to easily handle the same at 75mph. Acceleration is actually scary during the first week. All the other aspects you expect (the exhaust sound, the "sticky" 4wd, the short throw, the seats, etc.) are exactly as you'll hope: perfect. Chose this over 335xi and M3, no regrets at all.

I love the understated nature of the car (though it receives many quick "double takes"). I wanted an extraordinarily fun car to drive that is mature and mildly sporty (looking). In terms driving, I can't say enough about the low speed comfort. High speed goes without saying.

This car needs an option to have a digital speedometer right in the middle of the dash. The dial off to the right is not effective when negotiating gears and roads in a car just itching to break speed limits. Perhaps it's there and I haven't found it yet.