Used 2008 Audi RS 4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Audi RS 4

View reviews for a specific RS 4 model:

RS4 Cabrio is too much fun
By Los Angles Audi Fan

2008 Audi RS 4 quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I have had my RS4 Cabrio for three months. I am astonished with the car: plenty of power, enough eye candy and the best attribute: I can cause BMW drivers to go crazy with the power I have under the hood. For me personally the best attribute about this car is that it's not flashy and only Audi enthusiasts really know what sort of beast I am driving. I just wish I had more free time to drive it up and down Mullholland and there was not so much stop and go traffic here in LA.

Favorite Features

Power, non-flashy looks, relatively unknown as far as performance cars go, interior design - and much more!

Suggested Improvements

Parking br under armrest - annoying.

Audi RS4
By Eric

2008 Audi RS 4 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've had my RS4 for just over a year. The V8 is amazing. Put it in S mode and it gets scary. The suspension tightens and it sounds like you have a whole different engine in the car. The torque really shows its face when going uphill on the freeway. It just accelerates as if someone is feeding more horsepower. Very little sign of fatigue. It's a heavy car but I like that. Built solid.

Such a joy to drive and own
By johnnyb1

2008 Audi RS 4 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

My RS4 continues to amaze me every time I take her for a drive. Amazing in every way and especially when you consider what a wonderful daily driver the RS4 can be. I've been able to get 24.9 mpg when driving very conservatively. What other 400+ HP V8 car can you say that about? My only complaint is the location of the parking brake with regard to the arm rest. Otherwise, perfect.

Favorite Features

Engine, transmission, interior build quality handling, utility, looks.

Suggested Improvements

Electronic parking brake.

Move over Carrera!
By Aceumtoo

2008 Audi RS 4 quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

As a 15 year Porsche Carrera owner most recently a 2005 C4S, I was sceptical on switching to an Audi. My biggest complaint with my C4S coupe was how noisy it was in the interior. I felt I had to compromise "comfort" for power. Not at all with the Audi Rs4! It out performs my C4S and with it's top down is quieter, too!! Hard to believe but true! The Audi also offered bluetooth & ipod dock, which Porsche has yet to offer! I love this car! It is so much fun to drive! It begs to go faster, which hopefully will not be near any law enforcement!

Favorite Features

Convertible top, ipod dock, bluetooth, sitck shift

Suggested Improvements

Installed radar detector? Maybe some type of quick cover for interior when top is down?

Daily performance
By Left Main

2008 Audi RS 4 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Overall, this car has been a pleasure to own. I previously owned an '04 S4 that still brought smiles to my face after four years. The RS4, however, really is a very different beast. The engine has a very distinctive character. Not only is the sound phenomenal but it just simply has more oomph throughout the rpm range. This is especially true above 5000rpm where the tach rushes to redline. Living in the northeast, the car has been wonderful in snow and ice. It is easy to drive even with the "S" mode activated (I had read where this made smooth driving difficult, but I disagree). The ride can be harsh but is superior to the S4.

Favorite Features

Stealthy appearance - I have the titanium package which removes some of the differentiating features compared to the A4. Engine is phenomenal as above with a great sound. Usual Audi quality interior. Four season capability.

Suggested Improvements

Make the "S" mode the default setting. Would still welcome even more power.