Used 2007 Audi RS 4 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Audi RS 4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

quattro 4.2L V8 AWD 6-speed Manual - (27 reviews )

Unbelievveable package
By RS4-Bro

2007 Audi RS 4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

The ride, look, performance, it is all there! Audi hit a very HIGH point with this car and subsequent automobiles will be hard to out perform. The RS 4 has 2 weak point that I will mention later but overall the car is REALLY sweet. I used to own a M3 and this car (as a total package) outshines it in handling, daily driving and ICE (In-Car Entertainment). Notables: Brakes, V8 engine and exhaust note, crisp handling as well as balanced ride, short throw shifter and Quattro! If you add an aftermarket exhaust (like my car has) it will make it sound like angry RS 4 (which is maybe the way it could have come from the factory).

Stereo, RNS-E (NAV and features), heated seats (front & rear), steering wheel, V8 power and sound, handling, interior space and brakes.

2 major short comings on the RS 4 are: DRC suspension and Carbon Buildup. The DRC (when not leaking) works great but it took them awhile to fix this problem. Carbon Buildup is on ALL FSI (Direct Injection) Audi's and they need to first own up to the problem then provide a solution.

Total Package
By gman

2007 Audi RS 4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Great car. It really is a great package, sports car performance with room for 5. Though the rear seats are tight, there fine for my 3 younger children. Great performace, engine, brakes, handling, does all very well. I like the 08 M3 coupe, but it only seats 4, and the 08 M3 sedan looks too much like a plain 3 series. Audi hit a bulls eye with styling for a 4 door car. Bulging wheel flares remind me of a mid 1980's 911 Turbo. Audi builds a great car, and the RS4 is a total package of performance, quality, and style.

Awesome, almost freaky motor. Love how this V8 revs to 8200 rpm. Subtle but aggressive styling inside and out. I get 17 city 22 highway, when I stomp on it I get around 15 overall, I think thats great for a 420 hp engine.

Lighter. Needs to be lowered as it lacks enough front end downforce.

Bulletproof
By Andrew P

2007 Audi RS 4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

It is difficult to find any fault with this extremely well engineered car. Its DRC offers a very compliant ride when desired, but stiffens in the corners for confident handling in aggressive mode. The engine is superb and an aftermarket exhaust system (several are available) actually makes meaningfully more power. Its redline is 8250 rpm and it is a joy to drive with smoothly delivered power across the rpm range. Winter handling with winter tires is exceptional and the car is on rails in hard packed snow. The design is distinctive even compared to current model A4s. Perhaps the only thing that I would change is the seat height, which does not lower sufficiently for me (I am 6').

Engine, engine, engine! Quattro with its rear bias is also terrific.

Stiffer anti-sway bars to remove what is left of understeer in this front-heavy car. Lower front seat height. Sport exhaust option, although many owners, including me have fitted aftermarket exhaust systems for more power and better sound.

Great Car.
By James L.

2007 Audi RS 4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Coming from an 2005 S4, my 07 RS4 is a completely different beast. Has more power, much better suspension, looks better, feels better, just a better car and yes you pay for it. However, I would like to see more power because people who buy RS4s crave power and 420hp just isn't enough once you get used to it.

Exhaust note, suspension, blue tooth, wheels, engine block look, color (phantom black), tail pipes.

Put at least 450hp into the next gen RS4 and lighten up the curb weight.

An Amazing Car
By UKRS

2007 Audi RS 4 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I would have to say that this car is the most practical performance saloon on the market today. The amount of power you get from that 4.2litre V8 is astonishing. The handling far surpasses anything else in this range. Audis of old used to be really nose heavy and the understeer alot, but with this one you really have the confidence to shove it into the bends. I think this car is better than an M3.