Finally the S Tronic
By reality5 on
2014 Audi R8 V8 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 7AM)
This is the 4th R8 I have owned & it is by far the best . Dumped my 012 V10 R-Tronic black optic edition for a 2014 V8 w/ S -Tronic . I love this car , smooth , powerful & sounds great . Comfortable for longer drives it is like they say.. an every day sports car . Gets a lot of attention when I park it , people love the car .
Favorite Features
Engine & trans combo provides clean smooth power any time you want it . Really you cannot use the whole amount of power available safely on a public street . The AWD keeps the car feeling planted & the precise handling comes from the magnetic suspension . Ordered car with all carbon fiber options as I am obsessed w/ carbon . The interior detail & craftsmanship is outstanding . Red exterior with carbon blades & carbon engine dressing which Audi really beefed up for 014 ... thanks , the whole compartment is carbon trimmed .
Suggested Improvements
Stereo & nav system need serious updating . I am not a fan of B&O systems . Being an audiophile I find they are not crisp & clean enough for my taste , so I added a custom enclosure on the back deck but was limited in space . J&L audio done by a award winning installer in MI . Sounds great . Do not need nav as when I am driving this car I simply do not care where the heck I am going ! Thanks Audi !!!! G