Used 2014 Audi Q7 Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Audi Q7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q7 model:

brake issues at low mileage
By Nick C

2014 Audi Q7 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Front brake noise first appeared at ~13K. Had an oil change done at 15K only find out that we are staring at brake job, pads and rotors, for both front and rear, estimated at $1,600. Both dealerships commented on this as "normal wear" and so did Audi Customer Care. Dealing with Customer Care is a joke. Apparently my 20+ year driving experience and owning multiple SUVs/trucks and not having the brakes shot at 15K means nothing. I suggested that the dealer pays for rotors and I pay for pads, so will hear back from Audi in a couple of days. Complaints about the breaks/rotors replacement at early mileage is something that various Audi forums cover well. Thinner break pads (7mm) vs. other luxury SUVs and softer break pad material, all seem to contribute to the issue of premature brake failure. Single use rotors, which are not supposed to be serviced until ~35,000 miles according to Audi Q7 Maintenance Schedule, need to be replaced with every brake job, which can drive the cost up to $2,000 for parts and labor. I'm excited at the 2017 Q7, but who needs a brake job that soon, so may not be trading in next year.

front interior
By jm1938

2014 Audi Q7 TDI Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I'm frustrated with the layout of the center console:
I have to take my eye off the road to use the radio/navigation MMI controls.
Also the same with the cup holders as they are too far back.
Voice control doesn't understand my commands or maybe I don't understand what to say.
Radio knob is out of the way and when out of my usual territory it is difficult to find a radio station.
The cruise control is visually difficult to see.
I don't like the wiper system as when I turn them on the rear wipers seem to go on too due to its location on the stick.
Vehicle has a lot of road noise.
I thought I'd get better fuel mileage with the diesel but am only getting 25 mpg on the highway.

Nice stable - handling vehicle.

Remove the two 12V receptacles on the console and put cup holders that space. Put radio controls on the dashboard under the radio screen. Put cruse control system on the steering wheel. This vehicle in my opinion is not a nice riding luxury vehicle and due to my frustrations I would not buy another one.