Very pleased with my Q7 TDI
By lttmkd5 on
2013 Audi Q7 TDI Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)
Wanted to wait until after my first required service for a true evaluation of the Q7. Bought my Q7 TDI after driving/considering the X5D, ML350 Bluetec, Toureg TDI. Only the TDI provided me with the space I needed in cargo area and fairly useable 3rd row, even if only occasionally. I have my own soccer training business and none of the others would fit my gear without much struggle. Close 2nd were the ML, which rode wonderfully, and the X5D which felt very much like a BMW. The Audi is a great combo of all the things I needed. Very powerful, quiet, and tremendous gas mileage! Came from an '07 MDX where I struggled to get 330 miles from full tank, I now get that on a half tank!
Favorite Features
Did I mention the tremendous gas mileage? I've been averaging high 24MPG...on highway I got close to 28. Went all the way down and back to NC from my home in VA, a 475 mile round trip on 2/3rd tank. Love the power the Twin Turbo offers. Ride is very good, cargo space and flexibility of folding the center part of the 2nd row while keeping the two passage seats up is great. Allows me to carry coaching sticks and still have seats for kids. Love the Bluetooth streaming of music and the ability to listen to Pandora or AOL Radio through Bluetooth. Very classy looking, great lines, actually fits in the garage unlike other full size SUVs like GL/QX/Suburban. LED lights are awesome. MMI works well
Suggested Improvements
Would really like better interface with the iPod cable connection. If you are playing music through this connection, you cannot play in random mode - you can only select by artist or track. When streaming though Bluetooth, you can play Genius playlists or random mode, but not through the cable connection. Brake dust on front wheels is a pain, but all German cars have this issue. Sometimes the transmission is sluggish to figure out what gear it wants when coming out of a corner after decelerating, like you do at a traffic light...not a big deal, but it should be seamless and at times it's not. Give me the option to buy the S-line sport wheels (love these rims) without buying the whole S pkg.
By john45in
on 11/03/13 17:25 PM (PST)

I agree completely with this review. Just bought a new Q7 TDI and suggest the Warm Weather Package if it is not standard on your trim (the huge sunroof is tinted on this package so you don't need the sunshade very much). The 20" 10 v-spoke wheels that came standard just looked awful so I bought the 20" 5 spoke S-line wheels and had them installed by the dealer. The vehicle now looks as great as it performs! It's a shame Audi does not allow the substitution of the S-line wheels.