Q7: Power and Luxury is possisble!
By texasrich1 on
2013 Audi Q7 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)
The Q7 TDI with the 8 speed automatic is a pleasure to drive. This is not your typical diesel found in US cars. The TDI is very quiet but really strong, the torque provides a very smooth acceleration and the 8 speed transmission shifts flawlessly. On a recent highway trip to Atlanta, Ga we locked the cruise in at 78 and were getting 26.6 MPG with 3 adults. The Audi MMI ( multi media interface that controls the nav, music and voice recognition works great. I really like the Goggle Earth Navigation. The MMI allows for up to 8 devices to be connected through WiFi. The seats are comfortable and 2 position seat memory works well for the needs of 2 different sized drivers.
Favorite Features
The Google Earth Navigation and the MMI are the really slick. The ability to send a destination from my phone, tablet, I-phone or I-pad to my audi and be able to then Navigate directly to this restaurant or building is great. I also like the fact that you can buy and plug in SD memory cards directlyn into the front of the MMI. This allows you to have upto 64 Gb of media on 2 cards, if you need / Want more you just buy another 32 Gb card!. I wasn't sure I would like the long sunroof that comes with the Q& but I have found that it really is nice for adding daylight in the car, and on days where it is too sunny then we just close the sunscreen. The parking camera works great
Suggested Improvements
The Brakes are really strong, only wish they didn't create as much brake dust. Only a minor issue. Don't really need the ashtrays in the doors on the 2nd row of seats but I think they are standard.