Used 2013 Audi Q7 Diesel Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Audi Q7 Diesel

View reviews for a specific Q7 model:

Very pleased with my Q7 TDI
By lttmkd5

2013 Audi Q7 Diesel TDI Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Wanted to wait until after my first required service for a true evaluation of the Q7. Bought my Q7 TDI after driving/considering the X5D, ML350 Bluetec, Toureg TDI. Only the TDI provided me with the space I needed in cargo area and fairly useable 3rd row, even if only occasionally. I have my own soccer training business and none of the others would fit my gear without much struggle. Close 2nd were the ML, which rode wonderfully, and the X5D which felt very much like a BMW. The Audi is a great combo of all the things I needed. Very powerful, quiet, and tremendous gas mileage! Came from an '07 MDX where I struggled to get 330 miles from full tank, I now get that on a half tank! **Update 7/2016...Still love the Q7! The only thing that I would improve is the WiFi. Hope they have improved it for 2016 because mine is awful. Nine out of ten times I have to take it off WiFi if I'm trying to stream music because it can't do it. Other than that, it's been a great vehicle for us.

Q7: Power and Luxury is possisble!
By texasrich1

2013 Audi Q7 Diesel TDI Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

The Q7 TDI with the 8 speed automatic is a pleasure to drive. This is not your typical diesel found in US cars. The TDI is very quiet but really strong, the torque provides a very smooth acceleration and the 8 speed transmission shifts flawlessly.
On a recent highway trip to Atlanta, Ga we locked the cruise in at 78 and were getting 26.6 MPG with 3 adults. The Audi MMI ( multi media interface that controls the nav, music and voice recognition works great. I really like the Goggle Earth Navigation.
The MMI allows for up to 8 devices to be connected through WiFi.
The seats are comfortable and 2 position seat memory works well for the needs of 2 different sized drivers.

The Google Earth Navigation and the MMI are the really slick. The ability to send a destination from my phone, tablet, I-phone or I-pad to my audi and be able to then Navigate directly to this restaurant or building is great. I also like the fact that you can buy and plug in SD memory cards directlyn into the front of the MMI. This allows you to have upto 64 Gb of media on 2 cards, if you need / Want more you just buy another 32 Gb card!. I wasn't sure I would like the long sunroof that comes with the Q& but I have found that it really is nice for adding daylight in the car, and on days where it is too sunny then we just close the sunscreen. The parking camera works great

The Brakes are really strong, only wish they didn't create as much brake dust. Only a minor issue. Don't really need the ashtrays in the doors on the 2nd row of seats but I think they are standard.