2012 Audi Q7 Consumer Review: New to 35K review

2012 Audi Q7 - Consumer Review

TDI Premium quattro 4dr SUV (3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel AWD 8-speed Automatic)

New to 35K review
By boyracer3 on

2012 Audi Q7 TDI Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Phenominal vehicle. The engine delights me still. Lots of torque, feels sporty despite its size. 7000 lb towing capacity, seats 7 and will get 32 mpg on the highway. There's a 400 mile stretch of desert through AZ and NM where I've done this twice! Gets almost as good mileage, in town, as my A8 gets on the highway. love the wifi hotspot, thought it was a silly gimmick, but my wife uses it with the iPad often. Wifi is tmobile so coverage isn't great but it's great for looking at restaurant reviews and researching hotels etc. Love the google driven Nav. The satellite overview makes exploring easier and adds visual interest. Makes driving at night and in the rain more engaging.

Rear camera. The MMI is top notch, best interface ive seen yet. Google Nav, if google knows about it your Nav can take you to it! Satellite overlay, makes me crave replacing my older A8, which has awesome Nav. Really like the glass top, though I live in the rainy Pacific NW. The gas mileage has been unbelievable, would like something with a slightly higher tow rating, but not at half the fuel economy. I would choose this engine over any I've ever had. Audi service has really turned things around in the last 5 years. Better than BMW, Porsche, and even Infiniti. Ambient lighting is nice for an SUV. It is more fun to drive than my A8. All around it is my favorite vehicle yet.

I evangelize this car to friends and family, but do have pause about the glass roof and sunny climates. It is wonderful for sight seeing and makes inclement weather more cheerful. The build quality is not as good as my A8 but it's a cheaper car. There are a couple of annoying rattles in the back, common with moving seats and cargo covers. Would love a little more luxurious seating. I'm 6-2 and 240 lbs., an inch more seat travel and 2" more seat width would be so nice. Audi service has been fantastic, and while my '07 A8 has cost me virtually nothing, a module in my MMI was out shortly after purchase. It was like a $3900 part, and I hope I won't ever have to buy a new one outside warranty