Really impressed....Love my Q7
By audifan2011 on
2012 Audi Q7 TDI Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)
I thought I'd wait until I hit around 1 year before I left a review. It's been about 1 year since I bought my Q7 TDI and I thought I'd share my thoughts on it. I've been very happy with the Q7. Originally I wasn't planning on going with the TDI but the dealership happened to have one in stock on their showroom floor and it had all the features that I wanted. It would have taken about 2 months to custom order one so I decided to go with the TDI even though it was more expensive.
Favorite Features
Gas mileage has averaged about 22 MPG in the city where I mostly drive it. I took a road trip to Lake Tahoe and it handled really well and I got around 26 MPG on the highway. Very powerful. It looks really great on the exterior and I always get people that are starring at it. The LED lights look really cool as well. I went with the black on black which I think looks the best. They really thought things out completely with this. The engineers thought of everything. For example, when you have the kid lock on the back so they can't open the window it also prevents them from changing the temperature in the back. Took a while to figure that one out. Very sharp SUV that performs.
Suggested Improvements
I'm not a big fan of their Navigation system. I wish it was a bit more intuitive like the BMW where you can just start typing in a city or street name and it will automatically pull up a list. On the Audi MMI you have to either spell it out completely or scroll over for the list option which takes a bit of time. The handsfree speaker for the Navigation requires it to be almost completely silent. If my kids are talking even slightly it doesn't work well. But that is a small complaint. The only complaint I have is that the passenger side front has a hissing noise when you are on the highway. It sounds like it's from the rearview mirror. I could never figure that out. Annoying.