Used 2012 Audi Q7 TDI Premium quattro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Audi Q7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q7 model:

New to 35K review
By boyracer3

2012 Audi Q7 TDI Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Phenominal vehicle. The engine delights me still. Lots of torque, feels sporty despite its size. 7000 lb towing capacity, seats 7 and will get 32 mpg on the highway. There's a 400 mile stretch of desert through AZ and NM where I've done this twice! Gets almost as good mileage, in town, as my A8 gets on the highway. love the wifi hotspot, thought it was a silly gimmick, but my wife uses it with the iPad often. Wifi is tmobile so coverage isn't great but it's great for looking at restaurant reviews and researching hotels etc. Love the google driven Nav. The satellite overview makes exploring easier and adds visual interest. Makes driving at night and in the rain more engaging.

Rear camera. The MMI is top notch, best interface ive seen yet. Google Nav, if google knows about it your Nav can take you to it! Satellite overlay, makes me crave replacing my older A8, which has awesome Nav. Really like the glass top, though I live in the rainy Pacific NW. The gas mileage has been unbelievable, would like something with a slightly higher tow rating, but not at half the fuel economy. I would choose this engine over any I've ever had. Audi service has really turned things around in the last 5 years. Better than BMW, Porsche, and even Infiniti. Ambient lighting is nice for an SUV. It is more fun to drive than my A8. All around it is my favorite vehicle yet.

I evangelize this car to friends and family, but do have pause about the glass roof and sunny climates. It is wonderful for sight seeing and makes inclement weather more cheerful. The build quality is not as good as my A8 but it's a cheaper car. There are a couple of annoying rattles in the back, common with moving seats and cargo covers. Would love a little more luxurious seating. I'm 6-2 and 240 lbs., an inch more seat travel and 2" more seat width would be so nice. Audi service has been fantastic, and while my '07 A8 has cost me virtually nothing, a module in my MMI was out shortly after purchase. It was like a $3900 part, and I hope I won't ever have to buy a new one outside warranty

Really impressed....Love my Q7
By audifan2011

2012 Audi Q7 TDI Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I thought I'd wait until I hit around 1 year before I left a review. It's been about 1 year since I bought my Q7 TDI and I thought I'd share my thoughts on it. I've been very happy with the Q7. Originally I wasn't planning on going with the TDI but the dealership happened to have one in stock on their showroom floor and it had all the features that I wanted. It would have taken about 2 months to custom order one so I decided to go with the TDI even though it was more expensive.

Gas mileage has averaged about 22 MPG in the city where I mostly drive it. I took a road trip to Lake Tahoe and it handled really well and I got around 26 MPG on the highway. Very powerful. It looks really great on the exterior and I always get people that are starring at it. The LED lights look really cool as well. I went with the black on black which I think looks the best. They really thought things out completely with this. The engineers thought of everything. For example, when you have the kid lock on the back so they can't open the window it also prevents them from changing the temperature in the back. Took a while to figure that one out. Very sharp SUV that performs.

I'm not a big fan of their Navigation system. I wish it was a bit more intuitive like the BMW where you can just start typing in a city or street name and it will automatically pull up a list. On the Audi MMI you have to either spell it out completely or scroll over for the list option which takes a bit of time. The handsfree speaker for the Navigation requires it to be almost completely silent. If my kids are talking even slightly it doesn't work well. But that is a small complaint. The only complaint I have is that the passenger side front has a hissing noise when you are on the highway. It sounds like it's from the rearview mirror. I could never figure that out. Annoying.