First Audi and LOVING it...
By audifan2011 on
2011 Audi Q7 TDI Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)
This is my first Audi and I'm really loving it. I've never owned a Diesel auto before but the gas mileage is great. But the fuel is more expensive so I'm not sure if it's not a wash by the time it's all said and done. Here in CA, diesel is at least 30 cents more per gallon for diesel vs. unleaded. The quality is great and I'm at 3,500 miles and not any problems at all. It runs smoothly and I'm averaging about 22 miles per gallon driving a mix of the city and highway (mostly city). I've averaged about 560 miles on a full tank of gas. The tank holds 26 gallons of diesel fuel. I test drove many different SUV's including Mercedes, Lexus, BMW, and a few others but none could compare
Favorite Features
I really love the LED lights. It looks cool and a good safety feature. I like that you can control pretty much everything right from the steering wheel so CD, Radio, Sirius channels, mileage info, etc. can all be done right there from the steering wheel. They have pretty much thought of everything. From the child safety locks that you can control from the driver's seat, to the voice activated GPS and telephone, to even the sun visor extending a bit out. In the back rear door it even has where you can set the height you want it to open up. The two keys if you share your car will remember each person so when they open the car everything adjusts for their seat position, etc.
Suggested Improvements
It really took some time to get used to the GPS dial nob system as my former car it was all touch screen which is much easier. The voice recognition doesn't always get street names correct so you have to manually dial it in which takes time. Also, there is no trash/ash tray at all. I don't smoke but still it would be nice to have a dedicated place to put trash. There is no ash tray in the front at all. Also, if you drop something on the side of your chair it's pretty much lost as there is no space to manuever removing it. Even backing the chair all the way. I dropped an expensive pen and it was impossible to retrieve. Be careful dropping a cellphone between your seat in front.