Used 2011 Audi Q7 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Audi Q7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q7 model:

Excellent Family Car
By chchoi

2011 Audi Q7 SUV 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

This Q7 replaces my 2008 A4. Q7 is huge. A lot of room. I love the 3.0 Supercharge engine with 8 speed auto. Pickup is very smooth. Mileage is OK. It does better than my 2005 X5 3.0i. It feels very heavy and during braking, I need to step heavier to stop it. I took it to the snow and it was fun driving at 70mph and passing other cars with chain. It is a excellent family car.

Quattro. MMI is very easy to learn and use (better than BMW iDrive). Feel very solid to drive.

Add LED headlight as an option to Premium. It is only available in Premium Plus pkg :(

Truly A Luxury SUV
By q 007

2011 Audi Q7 SUV 3.0T S line Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Finally broke 1k miles on my Q7. I along side of my 2002 audi s4 and 2004 audi a6 2.7t; the Q7 makes a great family SUV, I had custom dvd entertainment install and my kids loves it while on the road. With a lot of mix city and highway I average around 20 mpg. I tested droved the 2010 x5 with v8 setup and merc gl 550 both did not have the solid feel and quality interior. The X5 was very responsive on the road and sporty while the Merc felt too calm and soft on the road while the q7 had the balance of both worlds.

I love the mmi voice commands integrated with the 3d nav system, and love the S line front facial with its amazing LED daytime running lights. Also running board on my Q7 makes it more appealing.

It would be great if the third row seats could be controled electronically to fold like the merc gl 550; and give the q7 an agressive exhaust note so people can hear you coming.

2011 Q7 3.0T Premium Plus
By Birdman

2011 Audi Q7 SUV 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Have only had our Q7 for 1000 miles now, but it's been wonderful to drive. I traded in my 2007 Q7 3.6 and haven't looked back. The standard horsepower 3.0T has more than sufficient power and has more torque than my old 3.6 /gets 18 mpg vs 16 mpg in my last q7. It certainly isn't a rocket ship but rides smooth and handles very well for such a large heavy vehicle. The 8 speed transmission is smooth and the rapid gear shifts are subtle and fast. To get the best gas mileage stay in D, switch to sport mode and the Q7 transforms it's feel very nicely if you want to attack a curvy back road or aggressively pass another vehicle on the highway. This is an excellent all around family vehicle

Beautiful exterior looks Led lights Luxurious interior finish 3D navigation with voice activation

Rear Cargo space height can sometimes be an issue when moving large items

Great SUV
By Q7Owner

2011 Audi Q7 SUV 3.0T S line Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I have had the car for only 2 weeks, but so far it's been great. For such a heavy SUV it feels light under acceleration, but leans a little in corners due to the weight. The 3.0T feels more responsive than the TDI. The torque in the gas engine isn't quite as good, but still feels like plenty. The gas engine feels more alive and is funner to drive. It is very nice inside and out. However, some things like plastic interior door handles, cheap feeling engine start/stop button, make it seem slightly less expensive than a BMW, Lexus, or Mercedes. It still feels solid overall though. Noticed a couple very small paint blemishes I have not had on other cars I've owned. Overall happy with the car!

Smooth powerful engine, MMI, smart key, acceleration/braking feel, cleanliness of interior, panoramic sunroof, large fuel tank.

Headrest adjustment is very limited in front and no adjustment available in 2nd row. Noisy fans for ventilated seats and rear climate control. Air conditioning could be more efficient, takes awhile to get cool. Rear loading deck is too high. Small glove box. Full size spare.

Love mine so far
By PJL

2011 Audi Q7 SUV 3.0T S line Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I received one of the first q7 sline trims in the Midwest. So far I love it. Drives like a sports sedan. Comfortable but now wallowing like other big suvs.

Exterior design hooked me. The V6 HO supercharged engine is very responsive. I hated the diesel version.

Slightly less road noise, received mine without the air suspension and the ride is a bit rough, but thats the tradeoff for great handling.