Used 2011 Audi Q7 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Audi Q7 - Consumer Reviews

2011 Audi Q7

View reviews for a specific Q7 model:

First Audi and LOVING it...
By audifan2011

2011 Audi Q7 TDI Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

This is my first Audi and I'm really loving it. I've never owned a Diesel auto before but the gas mileage is great. But the fuel is more expensive so I'm not sure if it's not a wash by the time it's all said and done. Here in CA, diesel is at least 30 cents more per gallon for diesel vs. unleaded. The quality is great and I'm at 3,500 miles and not any problems at all. It runs smoothly and I'm averaging about 22 miles per gallon driving a mix of the city and highway (mostly city). I've averaged about 560 miles on a full tank of gas. The tank holds 26 gallons of diesel fuel. I test drove many different SUV's including Mercedes, Lexus, BMW, and a few others but none could compare

Favorite Features

I really love the LED lights. It looks cool and a good safety feature. I like that you can control pretty much everything right from the steering wheel so CD, Radio, Sirius channels, mileage info, etc. can all be done right there from the steering wheel. They have pretty much thought of everything. From the child safety locks that you can control from the driver's seat, to the voice activated GPS and telephone, to even the sun visor extending a bit out. In the back rear door it even has where you can set the height you want it to open up. The two keys if you share your car will remember each person so when they open the car everything adjusts for their seat position, etc.

Suggested Improvements

It really took some time to get used to the GPS dial nob system as my former car it was all touch screen which is much easier. The voice recognition doesn't always get street names correct so you have to manually dial it in which takes time. Also, there is no trash/ash tray at all. I don't smoke but still it would be nice to have a dedicated place to put trash. There is no ash tray in the front at all. Also, if you drop something on the side of your chair it's pretty much lost as there is no space to manuever removing it. Even backing the chair all the way. I dropped an expensive pen and it was impossible to retrieve. Be careful dropping a cellphone between your seat in front.

Excellent Family Car
By chchoi

2011 Audi Q7 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

This Q7 replaces my 2008 A4. Q7 is huge. A lot of room. I love the 3.0 Supercharge engine with 8 speed auto. Pickup is very smooth. Mileage is OK. It does better than my 2005 X5 3.0i. It feels very heavy and during braking, I need to step heavier to stop it. I took it to the snow and it was fun driving at 70mph and passing other cars with chain. It is a excellent family car.

Favorite Features

Quattro. MMI is very easy to learn and use (better than BMW iDrive). Feel very solid to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Add LED headlight as an option to Premium. It is only available in Premium Plus pkg :(

Truly A Luxury SUV
By q 007

2011 Audi Q7 3.0T S line Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Finally broke 1k miles on my Q7. I along side of my 2002 audi s4 and 2004 audi a6 2.7t; the Q7 makes a great family SUV, I had custom dvd entertainment install and my kids loves it while on the road. With a lot of mix city and highway I average around 20 mpg. I tested droved the 2010 x5 with v8 setup and merc gl 550 both did not have the solid feel and quality interior. The X5 was very responsive on the road and sporty while the Merc felt too calm and soft on the road while the q7 had the balance of both worlds.

Favorite Features

I love the mmi voice commands integrated with the 3d nav system, and love the S line front facial with its amazing LED daytime running lights. Also running board on my Q7 makes it more appealing.

Suggested Improvements

It would be great if the third row seats could be controled electronically to fold like the merc gl 550; and give the q7 an agressive exhaust note so people can hear you coming.

2011 Q7 3.0T Premium Plus
By Birdman

2011 Audi Q7 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Have only had our Q7 for 1000 miles now, but it's been wonderful to drive. I traded in my 2007 Q7 3.6 and haven't looked back. The standard horsepower 3.0T has more than sufficient power and has more torque than my old 3.6 /gets 18 mpg vs 16 mpg in my last q7. It certainly isn't a rocket ship but rides smooth and handles very well for such a large heavy vehicle. The 8 speed transmission is smooth and the rapid gear shifts are subtle and fast. To get the best gas mileage stay in D, switch to sport mode and the Q7 transforms it's feel very nicely if you want to attack a curvy back road or aggressively pass another vehicle on the highway. This is an excellent all around family vehicle

Favorite Features

Beautiful exterior looks Led lights Luxurious interior finish 3D navigation with voice activation

Suggested Improvements

Rear Cargo space height can sometimes be an issue when moving large items

Love mine so far
By PJL

2011 Audi Q7 3.0T S line Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I received one of the first q7 sline trims in the Midwest. So far I love it. Drives like a sports sedan. Comfortable but now wallowing like other big suvs.

Favorite Features

Exterior design hooked me. The V6 HO supercharged engine is very responsive. I hated the diesel version.

Suggested Improvements

Slightly less road noise, received mine without the air suspension and the ride is a bit rough, but thats the tradeoff for great handling.