2011 Audi Q7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q7 model:
First Audi and LOVING it...
By audifan2011 on 09/17/11 12:28 PM (PDT)

2011 Audi Q7 TDI Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

This is my first Audi and I'm really loving it. I've never owned a Diesel auto before but the gas mileage is great. But the fuel is more expensive so I'm not sure if it's not a wash by the time it's all said and done. Here in CA, diesel is at least 30 cents more per gallon for diesel vs. unleaded. The quality is great and I'm at 3,500 miles and not any problems at all. It runs smoothly and I'm averaging about 22 miles per gallon driving a mix of the city and highway (mostly city). I've averaged about 560 miles on a full tank of gas. The tank holds 26 gallons of diesel fuel. I test drove many different SUV's including Mercedes, Lexus, BMW, and a few others but none could compare

Excellent Family Car
By chchoi on 02/16/11 15:53 PM (PST)

2011 Audi Q7 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

This Q7 replaces my 2008 A4. Q7 is huge. A lot of room. I love the 3.0 Supercharge engine with 8 speed auto. Pickup is very smooth. Mileage is OK. It does better than my 2005 X5 3.0i. It feels very heavy and during braking, I need to step heavier to stop it. I took it to the snow and it was fun driving at 70mph and passing other cars with chain. It is a excellent family car.

Truly A Luxury SUV
By q 007 on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Audi Q7 3.0T S line Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Finally broke 1k miles on my Q7. I along side of my 2002 audi s4 and 2004 audi a6 2.7t; the Q7 makes a great family SUV, I had custom dvd entertainment install and my kids loves it while on the road. With a lot of mix city and highway I average around 20 mpg. I tested droved the 2010 x5 with v8 setup and merc gl 550 both did not have the solid feel and quality interior. The X5 was very responsive on the road and sporty while the Merc felt too calm and soft on the road while the q7 had the balance of both worlds.

2011 Q7 3.0T Premium Plus
By Birdman on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Audi Q7 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Have only had our Q7 for 1000 miles now, but it's been wonderful to drive. I traded in my 2007 Q7 3.6 and haven't looked back. The standard horsepower 3.0T has more than sufficient power and has more torque than my old 3.6 /gets 18 mpg vs 16 mpg in my last q7. It certainly isn't a rocket ship but rides smooth and handles very well for such a large heavy vehicle. The 8 speed transmission is smooth and the rapid gear shifts are subtle and fast. To get the best gas mileage stay in D, switch to sport mode and the Q7 transforms it's feel very nicely if you want to attack a curvy back road or aggressively pass another vehicle on the highway. This is an excellent all around family vehicle

Great SUV
By Q7Owner on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Audi Q7 3.0T S line Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I have had the car for only 2 weeks, but so far it's been great. For such a heavy SUV it feels light under acceleration, but leans a little in corners due to the weight. The 3.0T feels more responsive than the TDI. The torque in the gas engine isn't quite as good, but still feels like plenty. The gas engine feels more alive and is funner to drive. It is very nice inside and out. However, some things like plastic interior door handles, cheap feeling engine start/stop button, make it seem slightly less expensive than a BMW, Lexus, or Mercedes. It still feels solid overall though. Noticed a couple very small paint blemishes I have not had on other cars I've owned. Overall happy with the car!

Love mine so far
By PJL on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Audi Q7 3.0T S line Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I received one of the first q7 sline trims in the Midwest. So far I love it. Drives like a sports sedan. Comfortable but now wallowing like other big suvs.

@ 3,000 miles
By Joe on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Audi Q7 TDI Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Traded in Allroad (wish they still sold that in US) for diesel - like the excellent mileage and lower emissions. Decision motivated by lower environmental impact. Compared to BMW X5, LR4, Lexus, MB BluTech. Excellent choice if you need space and winter surefootedness. Lots of torque, but it's a heavy car (noticeable in stop-and- go traffic). Drives very well - particularly on highway. Towing package did not include electrical harness - took a day at dealership to install. Major irritation is driver's seat position - simply too high for comfortable posture.

My First Audi
By Force99 on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Audi Q7 3.0T S line Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

The Q7 replaced my Mazda CX-9, which comes off lease next month. So far I'm loving it. I test drove 10 different SUVs, and kept coming back to the Q7. Very pleased it's in my garage. Orca black with gray interior.

Love my diesel
By 2011Q7TDI on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Audi Q7 TDI Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

My first diesel was a 1975 Mercedes Benz 240d. Diesel technology has come quite a long way. This is my second Audi, I did not think the A6 could be beat but Audi figured out how to do it. Amazing family truckster. Huge size but drives smaller than it is.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Audi Q7 in VA is:

$188 per month*