2010 Audi Q7 Consumer Review: New 2010 TDI Q7

2010 Audi Q7 - Consumer Review

TDI Premium quattro 4dr SUV (3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel AWD 6-speed Automatic)

New 2010 TDI Q7
By anchor5072 on

2010 Audi Q7 TDI Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I have put about 1000 miles on the Q7 so far. The diesel performs very well and is relatively quiet and virtually smoke free. My combined mileage, manually calculated from my first full tank was been about 23mpg. When you are idling or stuck in traffic, the mileage really drops off. I drove through a heavy rain storm last evening and as expected the heavy vehicle and all wheel drive performed flawlessly. The ride and cabin accommodations are elegant and quite comfortable. The large panorama sunroof gives the interior a very comfortable feel. The TDI is classified as an "Advanced Lean-Burn Vehicle" by the IRS and is eligible for a $1150 tax credit. Info is available on the IRS website.

The diesel engine is quiet, powerful and delivers great mileage. I traded a 2008 Audi A6 so I am used to the super creature comforts that are part of the Audi experience and the Q7 continues that excellence. The 2010 Navigation system is a marked improvement over the model in the 2009 models.

Very minor comments. For a large vehicle, there could be more convenience-type storage up front. The holder for sunglasses is too small and unusable. I checked the manual for instructions on using the Traffic Advisory feature and it was scant of detail. I will need to look again.