Used 2009 Audi Q7 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Audi Q7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q7 model:

Audi - junk...No service Do not buy!
By Kirill

2009 Audi Q7 SUV 3.6 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Starting from first miles till now (10k) brakes are making crazy noise. Dealer did not find any problem. But you know what is best? Customer service of Audi. They answered that this is normal because they use some new materials of braking pads. And it gives more noise than other cars. So it is normal for Audi that their 55k$ new car is giving noise on street like some 20 years junk worse 500 bucks. Do not buy Audi, do not support awful company which do not want to help its customers in any way. My is going to trade in next month.

Uneven Quality
By J-Man

2009 Audi Q7 SUV 3.6 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

There really are a lot of things to like about this car. For an SUV, it handles like a car and is much more comfortable of a drive than most of the other luxury SUVs on the road. However, there are a couple of things that really are unacceptable for a 60,000 car. 1. cheap plastic all over interior (see plastic foot rest just to the left of the brake pedal that cracked within a year) 2. doors are really cheap vs. bmw or mercedes. witnessed firsthand when I broke a interior mechanism in door opening on icy morning 3. MMI - why a cup holder right above a non-sealed system? 2 oz of gatorade fried out my track wheel to the tune of 800 4. handles HORRIBLY in the snow!!! 5. fuel mlg stinks

heated steering wheel the non-console part of the MMI full-length sunroof and sunscreen

1. seal the MMI console and include in maintenance plan. I am guessing this is number 1 complaint. 2. don't cut corners with a lot of plastic and cheap doors

Serviced more than in my driveway!
By alisa

2009 Audi Q7 SUV 3.6 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Mechanically fine. Technically STINKS! MMR system, brains of car for radio, bluetooth, navigation, cameras etc., has been non-working 4 times. Front headlight blown 2 times. Window non- working. 4 Bald tires at 13,000 miles. Service takes no responsibility. Loaner car a tiny little barely 4 passenger car, paid for a Q7 that seats 7! WHAT A PIECE OF MODERN JUNK!

It's a beaut!
By sjo

2009 Audi Q7 SUV 3.6 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car 3 months ago and now have 5000 miles on it. Every one of those miles has been a pleasure to drive. Who knew an SUV could be so much fun? We've taken it on a couple camping trips already and it handled beautifully on the windy roads headed in to the mountains. It's a feeling of confidence taking tight turns in a big car with very little body lean. I'll be turning it in for its first scheduled maintenance this week and I have not had any problems yet. This car also has plenty of room for our family of four with 2 little kids. We also use the 3rd row frequently while carpooling with our friends' kids. I'd recommend this car to anyone looking for a luxury SUV.

panoramic sunroof, high speed handling, clean lines inside and out

None

A Lot of Time In The Shop
By Driver in Reston

2009 Audi Q7 SUV 3.6 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

At the last minute we signed a lease on this car thinking we would pay it off at the end of the lease term. The first two years we had it, it was in the shop every other month. There was a problem with the AC and they kept breaking other things trying to fix it. By the time it was 'stabilized,' I hated the car. I love the way it drives and the way it looks, but I did not pay all this money to put it in the shop and drive a Hyundai. We are eager to turn it in and put this experience behind us. We will most likely be going back to Toyota or Volvo. I felt like the interior had a lot of plastic parts for the price. All-in-all, my first luxury car did not turn out to be so luxurious.

The exterior looks. The acceleration.

I would like to see less plastic parts around the seats and seat belts. They kept breaking. The navigation system is odd; once you get used to it, it is fine, but it is a little hard to master.