2009 Audi Q7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q7 model:
Great Suv
By ryanj1178 on 11/29/11 20:17 PM (PST)

2009 Audi Q7 SUV 3.6 quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Drives smooth plenty of pick up despite posts stating otherwise. Quattro awd system is great in bad weather and with the correct tires almost unstoppable in snow. Seats are very comfortable and there is plenty of room for the whole family. 20,000 miles and the brakes and tires are fine. I have seen posts stating otherwise but it has to do with how the car is driven. The tires will be good until 50,000 miles. Also fuel economy is not great but if you can afford the car then you can afford the gas otherwise buy a Yaris.

Bad decision
By rembo1 on 03/25/11 12:59 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi Q7 SUV 3.6 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Have driven LR3, X5 and Q7. Q7 just doesn't seem to be the same quality. Many problems - breaks wear out extremely quickly, rear lift gate problems (twice), MPG is not as advertised based on my calcs, nterior feels cramped, ergonomically uncomfortable. Teen kids keep asking when can we get a new SUV. We end up driving our BMW sedan to local ski resorts, beaches. Can't wait for lease to be over.

Nice Car, Loads of Rattles
By JPiper on 08/20/10 06:28 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi Q7 SUV 3.6 quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased my Q7 in Aug 0f '09 and on the third day of ownership an annoying rattle developed in the sunroof, then in one of the rear quarter panels, then in the tailgate and eventually the second row seats. Now my $60K dream car sounds like a Yugo on a logging road. Overall I'm very pleased with the quality and performance of the Q7, but believe that Audi needs to dedicate more attention to the fit and finish of interior materials. Heading down to Portland today to trade the noisy beast for a luxury car that actually rides and sounds like a luxury car. Too Bad.

Squeaking brakes & Bad Audi Srvice
By SCmom on 08/11/10 09:56 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi Q7 SUV 3.6 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought Q7 July 2009. Brought it back to dealer immediately for squeaking brakes, not just regular squeak but the kind that people outside look over at your car-was told its normal due to heavy vehicle, could be humidity. I have AudiCare & have repeatedly asked brakes to be inspected at ea visit. was told to spray a hose directly at brakes to reduce squeak. brought it back in around 25k miles - Service Dept told me to get on open road, drive as fast as i could without taking out a kid (yes, it's what they said) and brake quickly a few times. Really?! I just want to feel like Audi stands by their product. I thought I'd feel happy that we worked hard to buy this car. I feel "duped" by Audi.

Audi - junk...No service Do not buy!
By Kirill on 03/11/10 14:27 PM (PST)

2009 Audi Q7 SUV 3.6 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Starting from first miles till now (10k) brakes are making crazy noise. Dealer did not find any problem. But you know what is best? Customer service of Audi. They answered that this is normal because they use some new materials of braking pads. And it gives more noise than other cars. So it is normal for Audi that their 55k$ new car is giving noise on street like some 20 years junk worse 500 bucks. Do not buy Audi, do not support awful company which do not want to help its customers in any way. My is going to trade in next month.

Uneven Quality
By J-Man on 02/10/10 13:07 PM (PST)

2009 Audi Q7 SUV 3.6 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

There really are a lot of things to like about this car. For an SUV, it handles like a car and is much more comfortable of a drive than most of the other luxury SUVs on the road. However, there are a couple of things that really are unacceptable for a 60,000 car. 1. cheap plastic all over interior (see plastic foot rest just to the left of the brake pedal that cracked within a year) 2. doors are really cheap vs. bmw or mercedes. witnessed firsthand when I broke a interior mechanism in door opening on icy morning 3. MMI - why a cup holder right above a non-sealed system? 2 oz of gatorade fried out my track wheel to the tune of 800 4. handles HORRIBLY in the snow!!! 5. fuel mlg stinks

Serviced more than in my driveway!
By alisa on 12/07/09 07:45 AM (PST)

2009 Audi Q7 SUV 3.6 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Mechanically fine. Technically STINKS! MMR system, brains of car for radio, bluetooth, navigation, cameras etc., has been non-working 4 times. Front headlight blown 2 times. Window non- working. 4 Bald tires at 13,000 miles. Service takes no responsibility. Loaner car a tiny little barely 4 passenger car, paid for a Q7 that seats 7! WHAT A PIECE OF MODERN JUNK!

It's a beaut!
By sjo on 08/26/09 13:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi Q7 SUV 3.6 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car 3 months ago and now have 5000 miles on it. Every one of those miles has been a pleasure to drive. Who knew an SUV could be so much fun? We've taken it on a couple camping trips already and it handled beautifully on the windy roads headed in to the mountains. It's a feeling of confidence taking tight turns in a big car with very little body lean. I'll be turning it in for its first scheduled maintenance this week and I have not had any problems yet. This car also has plenty of room for our family of four with 2 little kids. We also use the 3rd row frequently while carpooling with our friends' kids. I'd recommend this car to anyone looking for a luxury SUV.

A Lot of Time In The Shop
By Driver in Reston on 08/23/09 06:41 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi Q7 SUV 3.6 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

At the last minute we signed a lease on this car thinking we would pay it off at the end of the lease term. The first two years we had it, it was in the shop every other month. There was a problem with the AC and they kept breaking other things trying to fix it. By the time it was 'stabilized,' I hated the car. I love the way it drives and the way it looks, but I did not pay all this money to put it in the shop and drive a Hyundai. We are eager to turn it in and put this experience behind us. We will most likely be going back to Toyota or Volvo. I felt like the interior had a lot of plastic parts for the price. All-in-all, my first luxury car did not turn out to be so luxurious.

OK Car - Won't Buy Again
By hoonie99 on 08/17/09 06:04 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi Q7 SUV 3.6 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Car design and comfort are great. Service, reliability and build quality are weak. If you must have this car, you will be taking a gamble as it seems that most people will come across at least one or two issues. Maintenance is expensive. Can't complain about fuel economy as you know what you are getting into. Compared to other heavy cars, about the average. The Audi Care Maintenance package only covers scheduled maintenance. Loved the car for the first two years, then things started to fall apart.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Audi Q7 Suv in VA is:

$156 per month*