2008 Audi Q7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q7 model:
Disappointed
By tazzygirl on 01/11/12 05:58 AM (PST)

2008 Audi Q7 SUV 3.6 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Q7 October 2008 & loved it for the first 2 years. October 2010 things started to go wrong. I drive a lot of highway miles so it was out of warranty. The lane side assist went out, the latch for the rear moonroof broke ($900.00 for a latch!) & in November 2010 the heat went out, only on the drivers side, then both motors on the mirros went out at a cost of over $300.00 each. It is now January 2012 & I am still dealing with heat issues after spending $1500.00 in repairs it still doesn't work properly, sometimes not at all. Now my remote is beginning to fail. I have spent the last 15 months dealing with failures & expenses. I'm done! Will never buy Audi again!

Noisy engine
By Cubano on 05/01/10 11:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi Q7 SUV 3.6 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The reliability has been poor, the worst of any vehicle a have owned. Had to tow it to the dealer in my first week of ownership, the engine just stopped running. Front bearing gone at 25,000 KM. Driver door keeps dropping, it has been fixed 3 times. Other problems, way too many. Frustrating. I find the V6 quite noise even below 2000 RPM; makes more noise than my brother in law Ford Escape. Dealer service could be better

Tonka toy with a great ride
By Stoak on 12/03/09 23:09 PM (PST)

2008 Audi Q7 SUV 3.6 quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

To be honest we have not had big problems just lots of little ones. The gas cap cover is pathetic and the lock is a joke - open it with your fingers when locked. With kids and pets it seems impossible to not knock water etc over in the center console which ruins the electronics. Part of the body is simply falling off. This is our 4th audi and we have not looked anywhere else simply because of the way we were treated. This too has declined - still pretty good just less than their usual stellar. In 2 years the seat leather has developed a large long crack in it - our 10 year old a6 is still fine.

So Far So Good
By 2008 Q7 on 11/26/09 07:57 AM (PST)

2008 Audi Q7 SUV 3.6 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Good car so far. Lots of comments on the great looks. No major issues to date. Ready for new tires at 27K. Brakes are coming. Pull a 5000lb boat with some difficulty. Pulls well up to about 50mph then struggles trying to maintain 60mph+, even on the slightest hill. I manually shift to keep the gearing correct or the engine just rev's really high. Recommend the 3.0 TDI or the 4.2 V8 if you plan to pull more than 3000lbs. My biggest beef is the lack of a rear hatch close feature on the key fob. Audi seems to think your hands are full when loading, but not full when unloading. Can't reach the button with full hands. Wife wants another when the lease is up. Probably the TDI Prestige.

Q7 4.2 S-Line
By Q7 Stowe on 08/24/09 19:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi Q7 SUV 4.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Our Q7 has been at the dealer for the past 45 days and they have no estimate as to when they will return it. This car has been a nightmare. Brakes started screeching at 2000 miles and in the 2.5 years that I have owned this car, it has been at the dealer over 20 times (excluding scheduled maintenance). The starter has been replaced twice which requires the entire engine to be pulled from the vehicle (nice design). Audi does have roadside assistance which is nice since I have had to utilize this service 6 times to have the vehicle towed to the dealer. The Q7 S-line is a cool looking SUV, if the cool design does not turn heads, the screeching brakes will!

Loving it
By eplots on 01/28/09 20:07 PM (PST)

2008 Audi Q7 SUV 3.6 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this vehicle now for about 9 months and completely love it. Mine has most of the extra bells and whistles, and I have been totally spoiled by the features - even the ones I thought I'd never use (keyless entry/start, lane assist, back up camera). With the 21 inch wheels this thing corners and handles more like a sports car than a SUV. But the beefy curb weight (while providing for a sense of security and impervious-ness-ity) definitely makes for less than thrilling accelerations. I expected this though when I bought it, so no surprises there. A few minor issues with squealing brakes and the like have been promptly handled by Audi care and all-in-all I am very happy with my Q7.

Disappointed
By disappointed on 12/09/08 16:29 PM (PST)

2008 Audi Q7 SUV 4.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Love the car except the electronics. Console buttons shorted out from windex used to clean off finger prints. Really bad design as the buttons are not sealed and will short out with only a couple of drops. Audi will not stand behind. Cost $1000 to replace in the first 6 months. Afraid to use the cup holders that are located above the elect. 2 drops and another $1000. pule the hassle. Want my Range Rover back.

Great machine, but not options
By Lesio on 10/15/08 11:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi Q7 SUV 4.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have Q7 Premium S-line 4.2, absolutely great, fun to drive. But, it would not be so great without all features. In my opinion adaptive air suspension is a must, adaptive cruise control is fun, great help, but be careful, it provides safety, but stay alert, in critical situations you need to take over. Parking sensors is also a must with such relatively large vehicle. The line assist possible saved me already from couple of dangerous situations and side assist also, although it takes some effort to learn to look at it. A lot of features and after 5 months I am still discovering how to use them in concert effectively. Tested BMW X5 (too small) and Merc. GL550, did not like the controls

Disappointed
By Stephanie on 09/05/08 18:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi Q7 SUV 3.6 quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My husband purchased this car for me and traded in our A4 cab for it. I loved it at first. Then a month into ownership, the trunk latch broke. It wouldn't close all the way so I had to drive the hour away to the nearest dealership (twice) to get it fixed. 2 weeks ago, my MMI system stopped working and it was stuck to only play CDs. I took it in today and was told you're out of luck because you spilled something on it. Had I known this was such a common problem, I wouldn't have bought this car. Now I have to shell out the money out of pocket to replace the MMI system. After reading a bunch of reviews, it seems to be an extremely common problem.

Great fun machine in mountains
By balloonman on 09/01/08 08:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi Q7 SUV 3.6 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Drove 4700 miles from Ohio to Wyoming and Montana, thru Chief Joseph highway and Beartooth pass. Typtronic tranmission was spectacular in moving through the passes, hair-pin turns and altitudes over 11000 ft. Six passengers very comfortable. Gas mileage acceptable and with hi speed western states 75mph limits a real dream to drive. Rear camera very helpful in parallel parking and in exiting parking lots. The water bottle storage in the doors was easy access and convienent. Air conditioning throughout the whole car was effictive. Access to rear seats challenging but once seated, very comfortable. Great car for a great trip.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.