Great car with unfortunate design flaws
By Leaking Audi on
2007 Audi Q7 3.6 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
All cars have + & -; from a high end luxury SUV you expect mostly +. That's the case. My problem was leaking draining tubes resulting in water in the front passenger well and in the back, invisibly in the area with the unprotected amplifier, MMI, GPS units. Result: all failed + battery drained. Cost:$3,500 (not covered by warranty). That's the most disturbing part to me: this car has been maintained by Audi as recommended but I still end up with a problem I could not avoid. This is not compatible with the premium price you pay for a Q7, you expect peace of mind. Moreover it is a known problem since Audi/VW lost a class action suit on this problem. Details at LeakingAudi website and Twitter.
Favorite Features
For this type of car, good mileage (21 mpg in city, 26 mpg highway) which is better than I read in most other reviews; maybe it is my driving style and/or the use of Shell premium gas. Comfortable, lots of space, very short turn ratio, great sunroof, solid car overall. Recommend others to buy it.
Suggested Improvements
Fix the well known draining tubes and MMI problems. Replace the 4 cigarette lighters with 110/220V and USB access points (who needs 4 cigarette lighters in a car? make it an option) Improve GPS maps: one should have current maps when you receive the car, not outdated Facelift dashboard