2007 Audi Q7 3.6 quattro SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Audi Q7 - Consumer Reviews

2007 Q7 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q7 model:

Sort Reviews by

great larger vehicle, large maintenance expenses
By cosicoop5

2007 Audi Q7 SUV 3.6 quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Q7 for 7 years and have loved it. For a family of 5 it has been a great traveling car and very comfortable and convenient for every day carpooling and use. No major problems popped up along the way, just the usual...squeaking breaks, break replacement a few times, tire replacement 3 times and cracking in the driver's seat base (3 inches long). Check-ups and other service visits seem to be over $500 a piece, but overall the car has been wonderful to have, reliable and comfortable. I would like another Q7, but don't want to spend the money. May consider a smaller Audi model but not convinced I want to pay the hefty service fees with kids going to college. Overall very happy.

Favorite Features

Handling and steering, sun roofs, power lift gate, steering wheel controls, design and materials of interior/European design, rear heated seats (kids love that), third row seat when needed.

Suggested Improvements

Improved quality in seating material so there is no cracking, power button to open and close rear door.

Disasterous Q7 experience
By horribleq7

2007 Audi Q7 SUV 3.6 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Where do I start? 2000km off warranty, the engine blew up and cost $15k to replace and install. the brakes have been replaced a dont know how many times(last count 4). Brand new exhaust system installed at 100k kms @$3800; and now a new fuel tank to the tune of $3200 and $1200 in labour. Car has only ever been serviced at Audi dealers. This is my 5th audi in 13 years and will be my last. Audi Canada has been very difficult to deal with and unresponsive. The obviously have no idea how much it costs to create the type of brand loyalty they r losing. As I type, i am booking a test drive in the 2013 BMW 5 series sport wagon. Good by and good ridance Audi. I should have done this long ago.

Great car with unfortunate design flaws
By Leaking Audi

2007 Audi Q7 SUV 3.6 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

All cars have + & -; from a high end luxury SUV you expect mostly +. That's the case. My problem was leaking draining tubes resulting in water in the front passenger well and in the back, invisibly in the area with the unprotected amplifier, MMI, GPS units. Result: all failed + battery drained. Cost:$3,500 (not covered by warranty). That's the most disturbing part to me: this car has been maintained by Audi as recommended but I still end up with a problem I could not avoid. This is not compatible with the premium price you pay for a Q7, you expect peace of mind. Moreover it is a known problem since Audi/VW lost a class action suit on this problem. Details at LeakingAudi website and Twitter.

Favorite Features

For this type of car, good mileage (21 mpg in city, 26 mpg highway) which is better than I read in most other reviews; maybe it is my driving style and/or the use of Shell premium gas. Comfortable, lots of space, very short turn ratio, great sunroof, solid car overall. Recommend others to buy it.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the well known draining tubes and MMI problems. Replace the 4 cigarette lighters with 110/220V and USB access points (who needs 4 cigarette lighters in a car? make it an option) Improve GPS maps: one should have current maps when you receive the car, not outdated Facelift dashboard

Dream Machine
By Travis

2007 Audi Q7 SUV 4.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The Audi Q7 with the 4.2 FSI motor is a dream to drive. The adaptive suspension quickly adjusts to road conditions, the adaptive cruise is effective and alerts you to stopped vehicles,and the Sirius satellite radio signal is superior to other vehicles. With the optional towing packing it effortlessly pulls my 5500 lb. tow boat and let's me soak up the sun with the panoramic sunroof. At least once a week I get asked "who makes that" because others aren't use to seeing such an effective design. If you pick captain chairs for row two - everyone can enjoy heated seats - and as long as the third row is not regularly used - this (heavier than a Tahoe) Q7 will sweep you off your feet.

Favorite Features

Adaptive Suspension, Adaptive Cruise, Alcantara Headliner, S-Line Package, Tow Package, Captain's Seats Row 2 - with the cold weather package.

Suggested Improvements

Bring the BIG diesel over to America!

Q7 - THE #1 SUV on the market!
By kornelth

2007 Audi Q7 SUV 3.6 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car has truly amazed me! I thought there is no more surprise after driving AMGs, BMW 6-series or the Escalade, even just jumping from a Cayenne Turbo to the Audi. Well there is.

Favorite Features

Overall comfort and handling, safety and reliability.

No more Audi for me
By DV

2007 Audi Q7 SUV 3.6 quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My 3 year lease on the Q7 is coming to an end an I will definitely not lease another one. From the start there have been problems. The car came without the A/C charged, the rear passenger handle fell off twice before it was finally fixed and my "leather seat cracked in the first year. My brakes have been squealing every time I brake for the last year and they said it was brake dust. They said to spray brake area when washed and then step on brakes hard a few times. It doesn't work. The sound drives me crazy. I've had the same experience as others with the tires--had to replace before 25k miles. Overall car looks nice and is comfortable, but lots of quality problems.

Favorite Features

Comfortable interior, lots of room in front and middle seats.

Suggested Improvements

Improve brakes, better tires, better quality leather, more room in 3rd row.

Jekyl and Hydemobile
By Woodrow

2007 Audi Q7 SUV 3.6 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

18" Bridgestone tires that came on car the loudest tires I've ever owned. They also ride like they are filled with concrete. Sunroof shattered at about 5,000 mi. Repair caused a leak that migrated to the back and damaged electronics (all Audi repairs). Radio failed at 30,000 mi along with the CD screen. Film on the windshield (interior) cannot be removed by any glass cleaner either we or Audi have tried. "Milky" view of the world. Fuel consumption about 17 city and 22 hwy. on premium. Car is terrible in snow and ice - poor traction under power or brakes.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Improve quality control. Soften the suspension for those who quit riding in armored personnel carriers years ago.

Q-Tastic!
By Q-tastic

2007 Audi Q7 SUV 4.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This car is Q-tastic! I have owned/driven some of the nicest cars on the road today, and I believe this is one of the nicest luxury cars on the road. We purchased the car used, and have had no issues to date. I do worry about the cost of ownership long-term, but I believe that with a good extended warranty and a little planning, that risk is very manageable. We purchased the V-8, and I was very worried about Fuel MPG. It is actually better than the Volvo XC90 T6 we replaced it with. It gets really thirsty if you jackrabbit at every stop, but a mix of City/Highway will easily yield 18mpg or better. Audi's are great because they are highline but not snobby. You will love this car!

Favorite Features

Speed - 0-60 in 7 secs! For 5500lbs! Thats wicked fast! MMI/Navigation/Bose - Fantastic setup Air Ride Suspension is worth its weight in gold!

Suggested Improvements

A More affordable Diesel option. While it has not been a problem for me, I am scared that I am going to spill on the MMI controls. We just keep a towel on it so that it is protected. It would be better if they thought about the cupholders and the MMI system.

Comfy and Quiet
By Dreiter

2007 Audi Q7 SUV 3.6 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is the most comfortable car we have purchased (have had Mercedes, BMW, VW and other Audis). This car has a luxurious ride for all and a high quality interior finish that is better than BMW and Mercedes. The car feels huge when driving, especially in tight spots, this isn't good or bad, it's just the way it feels. The Quattro system is outstanding in wet or snowy conditions and we always feel secure in this car in bad weather. Our rattling panoramic roof was quickly adjusted at the dealer during regular maintenance and hasn't rattled since. No other issues. It is a very heavy car so expect items that wear out to do just that (tires/brakes) especially if you're hard on them.

Favorite Features

Quattro system, fit and finish, MMI audio system, heated front/back seats, panoramic roof, cargo sunroof (great for the dog). Occasionally I flip the transmission into Tiptronic mode and pretend I'm driving standard, but that's when my wife and kids aren't in the car!

Suggested Improvements

Do what BMW does; have memory seats associated with driver's key. Terrible blind spots (like most SUVs) Silly cup holder location Better MMI integration for auxiliary devices (i.e. usb/aux-in). Check out www.mobridgeinc.com. Heated seats actually get too hot for my comfort - wife loves them.

So Much Money, So Little Value
By q7blues

2007 Audi Q7 SUV 3.6 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this German beast new and with the lease up in a couple months I'm looking forward to it going back. This vehicle looks amazing and that's where the love story ends. Brakes squeal...yes, they've been replaced...it's just embarrassing. Tires cup easily-3rd set, apparently, it's the engineering of the AWD. MMI issues...was in the shop 12 times before it was fixed for good. Engine sensors shot & fixed. Instrument cluster currently needs to be replaced. Thermostat went. Lurches from 1st to 2nd-explained as a safety feature. Faulty back-up sensor. Poorly attached molding. My car was in the shop for a week and after haggling for a rental, I got a ford focus---my lease $1448???

Favorite Features

The exterior styling. Moonroof.

Suggested Improvements

Where do I begin? Needs a real 3rd row or get rid of it altogether. Just make a reliable car, that looks exotic and is fun to drive.