Used 2007 Audi Q7 SUV Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Audi Q7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q7 model:

A big lemon I want to love.
By Rich Argentieri

2007 Audi Q7 SUV 4.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Let me start out by saying that we absolutely love the look and performance of this vehicle.... when it's working. The electrical system in this car is complete junk. We have had repeated issues with the keyless entry, keyless ignition, rear gate closure, trailer electrical (lights won't work), air suspension, window switches, and now the HVAC fan motor is squeaking. Each trip to the dealer averages $1,200-$1,500 for repairs. Both Maplewood Audi and Audi of Minneapolis have the most lackluster service departments (they are owned by the same company, so if you're in the Twin Cities you're S.O.L.).

I want to state again, that my wife and I love our Q7 when it's working. However, the service costs are obscene. Also, I have a 2014 Porsche Cayenne and I'm starting to have the same electrical/sensor gremlins creeping in. The only thing that makes it tolerable is that our Cayenne is under warranty, but it still sucks to drop it off for maintenance every 5,000-10,000 miles because a sensor or system is malfunctioning. I think we are going to avoid products from Volkswagen Group until they shape up on the electrical front.

Nice ride with a price
By Tanner

2007 Audi Q7 SUV 4.2 quattro 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Buying an Audi you buy a very comfortable ride but wih that ride it comes with a price. Having owned a Q7 the ride quality was very nice but however it "nickeled and dimed me" however I wish they were just nickels instead of thousands and thousands in repair costs. Materials are very nice and easily accessible. The third row seat is tight but for kids it's fine. The styling of the exterior is what I believe to be one of the best looking SUV on the market.

great larger vehicle, large maintenance expenses
By cosicoop5

2007 Audi Q7 SUV 3.6 quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Q7 for 9 years and have loved it since day one. This is the only car I have kept for this length of time in my life and the reason why is, it never disappoints. For a family of 5 it has been a great traveling car and very comfortable and convenient for every day carpooling and regular use. No major problems popped up along the way, just the usual...squeaking breaks, break replacement a few times, tire replacement 3 times and leather cracking in the driver's seat base (3 inches long). Check-ups and other service visits seem to be over $500 a piece, but overall the car has been wonderful to have, reliable and very comfortable. I have loved owning an Audi so much that I may consider a smaller Audi model but I still need to evaluate if I want to pay the hefty service fees (as I have kids in college at the moment). That aside, I have been very happy overall.

Disasterous Q7 experience
By horribleq7

2007 Audi Q7 SUV 3.6 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Where do I start? 2000km off warranty, the engine blew up and cost $15k to replace and install. the brakes have been replaced a dont know how many times(last count 4). Brand new exhaust system installed at 100k kms @$3800; and now a new fuel tank to the tune of $3200 and $1200 in labour. Car has only ever been serviced at Audi dealers. This is my 5th audi in 13 years and will be my last. Audi Canada has been very difficult to deal with and unresponsive. The obviously have no idea how much it costs to create the type of brand loyalty they r losing. As I type, i am booking a test drive in the 2013 BMW 5 series sport wagon. Good by and good ridance Audi. I should have done this long ago.

Great car with unfortunate design flaws
By Leaking Audi

2007 Audi Q7 SUV 3.6 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

All cars have + & -; from a high end luxury SUV you expect mostly +. That's the case. My problem was leaking draining tubes resulting in water in the front passenger well and in the back, invisibly in the area with the unprotected amplifier, MMI, GPS units. Result: all failed + battery drained. Cost:$3,500 (not covered by warranty). That's the most disturbing part to me: this car has been maintained by Audi as recommended but I still end up with a problem I could not avoid. This is not compatible with the premium price you pay for a Q7, you expect peace of mind. Moreover it is a known problem since Audi/VW lost a class action suit on this problem. Details at LeakingAudi website and Twitter.

For this type of car, good mileage (21 mpg in city, 26 mpg highway) which is better than I read in most other reviews; maybe it is my driving style and/or the use of Shell premium gas. Comfortable, lots of space, very short turn ratio, great sunroof, solid car overall. Recommend others to buy it.

Fix the well known draining tubes and MMI problems. Replace the 4 cigarette lighters with 110/220V and USB access points (who needs 4 cigarette lighters in a car? make it an option) Improve GPS maps: one should have current maps when you receive the car, not outdated Facelift dashboard