2016 Audi Q5 Diesel Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Audi Q5 Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q5 model:

King of the Road
By Ash4Audi

2016 Audi Q5 Diesel TDI Premium Plus S Line quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Vault like build quality, feels like driving an elegant and maneuverable mini-tank on the road!

Love my Audi!
By sonia o

2016 Audi Q5 Diesel TDI Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Audi Q5 SLine premium
By Bill Druyun

Car is everything we hoped for. Price was exceptional thru Edmunds. Car is comfortable and smooth to drive. Should give us years of great service.

Great SUV!
By Bill

2016 Audi Q5 Diesel TDI Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

We bought the 2016 3.0 TDI prestige package with all options and we are very happy with the choice we made. Fuel economy is very good and the handling is excellent. The only minor inconveniences are that it lacks USB ports and the color navigation screen is not touch screen which makes it somewhat cumbersome. Other then that a very confrontable ride for an SUV.

Early impression of a 2016 Q5 TDI
By Q5 TDI driver

I've become a big fan of diesels for their driving characteristics and efficiency. The Q5 TDI does not disappoint. This SUV is very quick with little turbo lag, which gives a lot of confidence pulling out into traffic and merging, whether from a stop or at highway speeds. The engine is very refined. For a family of 4 I felt the Q5 was the right size. I also liked the 3L TDI over the 2L offerings in BMW and MB. There is not much of a hit in mugs going with the 3L, since I have been getting around 30 mpg around town and mid 30s on the highway. The seats are comfortable, although they could be softer. The lumbar support is good. The sound quality of the Bang and Olufsen sound system is very good. The MMI infotainment system takes time to get the hang of, but is logical once you learn your way around. Most selections are made using the center console, since there are not many buttons on the steering wheel. I'm enjoying the panoramic roof more than I expected since it fills the interior with light and makes the car feel even roomier. I have the 20 inch wheels and I'm pleased that this does not make the ride harsh. This SUV has a firm ride and handles more like a sedan. Even on a 6 hour drive I did not feel fatigued and felt confident driving in a torrential rainstorm. Looking forward to seeing how it handles the snow, once I put the 17 inch blizzaks on. So far, very satisfied with my purchase.