Art of Wheels
By jcollum68 on
2014 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)
We looked at a RX350, RDX, X3, SRX. This is the runaway winner. Great timeless design, wonderful interior design and material quality, great step in height and the list goes on. Bought this after owning a 2012 ML350. My wife is 5 foot and ML350 step in height too high. She loves this vehicle, great for a shorter person, perfect size. Have all options on ours except 19 inch wheels. Wish it had power tilt/telescoping wheel, probably only missing options. Very thoughtfully designed, seems overpriced but the devil is in the details. It was worth $8000 more than the RDX after sitting in both back to back. Have had it for a months and we love it, still like my BMW 550 more though!
Favorite Features
Gas mileage great so far, 24 in the city, we have the 2.0T. Rear view camera very high resolution., seat comfort great, rear seats moves backwards and forward. MMI System very user friendly, much better than mercedes. Headlights are great xenon and very bright. Car is timeless in design. Handling is great, for an SUV, drives much like my BMW 550 sport. Step in height wonderful and doors go all the way to bottom of car so no mud on your pants. Bang and Olufsen stereo a no brainer at $825.00.
Suggested Improvements
We couldn't find the diesel so we got the 2.0T. Acceleration is ok, not super fast. I am used to a quicker vehicle, but should be ok for most folks, perfectly adequate. Did not consider gas 6 cylinder because of awful start/stop. Wish it had power tilt wheel for the memory package, most cars in the price range have this, nice for the memory seats. Wish it had heated steering wheel option, nice for Ohio winters. Cupholder location not the best it seems and armrest console is kind of small. If it seems like I am being picky I am, this is truly a great vehicle for what it is and should be good for the 10-12 years we plan on keeping it.