2014 Audi Q5 Consumer Reviews

2014 Audi Q5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q5 model:
No spare and no run flats.
By sdond on 12/03/14 16:21 PM (PST)

2014 Audi Q5 2.0T Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 8A)

What i love:seeing the motor shut off when going down the hills-even at 70mph. Electric only until I press down too hard. I've got two cars-- a hybrid + a regular Q5. What I don't like: No one bothered to tell me that it has no spare tire--even the sales lady missed this. In fairness--if I get a flat--I'm not gonna tackle trying to fix it myself anymore at my age---but come on guys!! Don't count on any below the floor storage space. With the sports package the seats are wonderful. Gas mileage is good for a car this size.....but at the price that's not so much as issue. Almost got the BMW X3 diesel--but this thing blows the BMW away with it's power-- with about the same gas mileage.

Agile and sporty but not a sedan
By seattle_driver on 10/14/14 13:58 PM (PDT)

2014 Audi Q5 TDI Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I have had my 2014 Q5 TDI for around 6 months now so feel comfortable writing a review. Overall it's a great car: it's fun to drive and it feels agile and sporty. The mileage is generally better than advertised: we took a 2,000 mile road trip this summer and with 4 people and luggage we averaged just under 37 MPG -- going through the Canadian Rockies. I liked this car better than the other smaller SUVs I test-drove (Lexus, Cadillac, BMW.) On the down side, the steering can feel remote and the center of gravity is definitely higher than my 2000 Mercedes E 320 sedan (or maybe I'm just used to it) I ordered all of the options, including the tow hitch, which made the car rather expensive.

Q5 Quality Has Gone Down Significantly
By audi4me2 on 10/04/14 10:48 AM (PDT)

2014 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Bought my 1st Q5 in 2010 (3.2, in Canada), and had to sell when we went overseas. Came back to US and leased a Q5 again since 1st time it was so great. But things have just gone downhill for Q5 quality: - Check engine light came at 3000 miles - Multiple trips to dealer to fix it - Rear tire starting showing low pressure - Again, multiple trips to fix it - Other rear tire BURST...yes just BURST on the highway at high speed....lucky to be not hurt - Stayed for 30 mins on hold before Audi roadside assistance could finally help - Got home and dealer basically not even responding to have the tire replaced ! No am not talking free....but a fully paid one from me? wtf !

So much to love but so many annoyances!
By remlerman on 10/02/14 14:43 PM (PDT)

2014 Audi Q5 TDI Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

This car handles terrifically; as smooth and responsive as any BMW or Lexus I've owned. The diesel has so much low end torque that you'll blow off kids in hot cars without meaning to. The car is beautiful and comfortable and the sound system excellent. All that being said, I'll never buy another Audi based on this car. The car 'lags' when trying to accelerate just a little from an already-slow speed (like turning at an intersection with pedestrians; or waiting for a break in oncoming cars while turning) leaving you in dangerous situations at times. The electronics are WAY behind the curve: you have to take your eyes off the road and hand off the wheel for FAR too much.

Driving the 2014 Audi Q5
By jimallyn on 09/26/14 12:38 PM (PDT)

2014 Audi Q5 TDI Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I have been extremely satisfied with my Q5 Prestige 3.0 TDI . The car is fun to drive, has lots of power and gets excellent mileage. For the last 15,000 miles I have averaged over 35 miles per gallon. This includes both town and highway driving. (Town driving is approximately 30 MPG and highway is near 40 MPG.)

Known Navigation problem that Audi will not tell you
By garakl on 07/30/14 00:06 AM (PDT)

2014 Audi Q5 TDI Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I own the 2014 Audi Q5 TDI for 6 months. Love everything in this car except MMI. Recently discovered a problem with Navigation - sometimes, it looses GPS signal and when re-acquires, it recalculates your position by 1-2 miles off your real location. MMI reset does not help. All that helped so far, is to stop the car, turnoff the ignition, and wait for 10-15 minutes. AUDI is aware of this problem, but has no solution. Today, after 6 month of very gentle use, I have only 6K miles on the car, its rear view camera stopped working, shows green chaotically blinking stripes and rectangles. I am very disappointed. I planned to keep the car, but now I am glad that I leased it first.

Brakes at 31,000 Miles
By srubin415 on 05/05/14 07:27 AM (PDT)

2014 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

At 31,000 miles, the dash indicator screen told me I needed brake pads. Over a third of those miles were put on during 2 road trips. Yet when I questions Audi both at the dealer level and at the corporate level, I was told that on the Q5 & Q7 models, the brake pads must be replaced around 25,000 to 30,000 miles. I have owned many automobiles including 5 other Audi cars. I have never had to replace brakes at 25 - 35,00 miles

TDI engine is a superstar
By wolvesq on 04/27/14 07:55 AM (PDT)

2014 Audi Q5 TDI Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I cross-shopped the Q5 against the X3 35i, XC60 T6, Range Rover Sport, and Cayenne. All had their strengths, but I fell in love with the Q5's TDI engine. In short, it provides the best of both worlds. It explodes off the line like a rocket thanks to its considerable low end torque, but also returns fantastic mpg, often reaching 35 mpg on the highway. I had no idea diesels were so much fun -- I preferred it to the petrol inline sixes in the XC60 and X3. You can get the same basic TDI engine in the Cayenne, but it's at least $20k premium over a similarly equipped Q5. And just so you don't think I'm too easy of a grader when I say it "explodes" off the line, I'm coming from a C63 AMG.

2014 Premium Plus TDI
By motoracer on 04/22/14 19:45 PM (PDT)

2014 Audi Q5 TDI Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Our Q5 TDI is only four days old and already impresses. Premium Plus with MMI, B&O sound system, tow hitch and side assist. Per the computer that might be optimistic, we got 37 mpg on the mainly highway trip home from the dealer. Managed 33 mpg on the way into work (uphill) and 37 mpg on the way home. The OEM tow hitch is a clean install and they gave me a color matched insert for the back bumper if I ever get rid of the hitch. The auto stop system is not intrusive.

Power and efficiency
By glowplug on 04/22/14 08:46 AM (PDT)

2014 Audi Q5 TDI Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Audi Q5 TDI Premium Plus, Scuba Blue/Chestnut interior with ash inlays. Car had to be ordered and delivery took 82 days which felt like an eternity. The engine response is very good, but like the articles there is a very slight lag. It has no affect on any real world merge or passing situation I’ve encountered. The first 350 miles have been about 100 miles in town and 250 miles on an Interstate Highway road trip (70 mph). The in town mileage was around 24 mpg and overall for the 350 miles it was 31.4 mpg. Uses auto-shutdown but the start-up is very fast so there is no issue about keeping people waiting behind you. This function can be turned off from the dash.