2014 Audi Q5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q5 model:
Known Navigation problem that Audi will not tell you
By garakl on 07/30/14 00:06 AM (PDT)

2014 Audi Q5 TDI Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I own the 2014 Audi Q5 TDI for 6 months. Love everything in this car except MMI. Recently discovered a problem with Navigation - sometimes, it looses GPS signal and when re-acquires, it recalculates your position by 1-2 miles off your real location. MMI reset does not help. All that helped so far, is to stop the car, turnoff the ignition, and wait for 10-15 minutes. AUDI is aware of this problem, but has no solution. Today, after 6 month of very gentle use, I have only 6K miles on the car, its rear view camera stopped working, shows green chaotically blinking stripes and rectangles. I am very disappointed. I planned to keep the car, but now I am glad that I leased it first.

Brakes at 31,000 Miles
By srubin415 on 05/05/14 07:27 AM (PDT)

2014 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

At 31,000 miles, the dash indicator screen told me I needed brake pads. Over a third of those miles were put on during 2 road trips. Yet when I questions Audi both at the dealer level and at the corporate level, I was told that on the Q5 & Q7 models, the brake pads must be replaced around 25,000 to 30,000 miles. I have owned many automobiles including 5 other Audi cars. I have never had to replace brakes at 25 - 35,00 miles

TDI engine is a superstar
By wolvesq on 04/27/14 07:55 AM (PDT)

2014 Audi Q5 TDI Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I cross-shopped the Q5 against the X3 35i, XC60 T6, Range Rover Sport, and Cayenne. All had their strengths, but I fell in love with the Q5's TDI engine. In short, it provides the best of both worlds. It explodes off the line like a rocket thanks to its considerable low end torque, but also returns fantastic mpg, often reaching 35 mpg on the highway. I had no idea diesels were so much fun -- I preferred it to the petrol inline sixes in the XC60 and X3. You can get the same basic TDI engine in the Cayenne, but it's at least $20k premium over a similarly equipped Q5. And just so you don't think I'm too easy of a grader when I say it "explodes" off the line, I'm coming from a C63 AMG.

2014 Premium Plus TDI
By motoracer on 04/22/14 19:45 PM (PDT)

2014 Audi Q5 TDI Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Our Q5 TDI is only four days old and already impresses. Premium Plus with MMI, B&O sound system, tow hitch and side assist. Per the computer that might be optimistic, we got 37 mpg on the mainly highway trip home from the dealer. Managed 33 mpg on the way into work (uphill) and 37 mpg on the way home. The OEM tow hitch is a clean install and they gave me a color matched insert for the back bumper if I ever get rid of the hitch. The auto stop system is not intrusive.

Power and efficiency
By glowplug on 04/22/14 08:46 AM (PDT)

2014 Audi Q5 TDI Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Audi Q5 TDI Premium Plus, Scuba Blue/Chestnut interior with ash inlays. Car had to be ordered and delivery took 82 days which felt like an eternity. The engine response is very good, but like the articles there is a very slight lag. It has no affect on any real world merge or passing situation I’ve encountered. The first 350 miles have been about 100 miles in town and 250 miles on an Interstate Highway road trip (70 mph). The in town mileage was around 24 mpg and overall for the 350 miles it was 31.4 mpg. Uses auto-shutdown but the start-up is very fast so there is no issue about keeping people waiting behind you. This function can be turned off from the dash.

Subaru Forester to Audi Q5
By kenwstlkvlgca on 04/13/14 13:08 PM (PDT)

2014 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I was impressed and planned to upgrade to the top model '14 Subaru Forester XT after driving my '02 Forester for the past 12 yrs but after test driving the Audi Q5, the overall quality, detail, and refinement of Audi completely ruined the XT for me! For comparison the XT has more power (250 hp), better fuel economy (avg 25 mpg), greater cargo space (~75 cu ft), and costs ~$5000 less. No matter you can feel the superior quality and craftsmanship in material, workmanship, and engineering in every detail and step of the gas pedal in the Audi. I love the quick acceleration in Sport mode and the refined executive styling and boss 18" wheels! I look fwd to and enjoy driving it each and every day!

Art of Wheels
By jcollum68 on 03/29/14 15:01 PM (PDT)

2014 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

We looked at a RX350, RDX, X3, SRX. This is the runaway winner. Great timeless design, wonderful interior design and material quality, great step in height and the list goes on. Bought this after owning a 2012 ML350. My wife is 5 foot and ML350 step in height too high. She loves this vehicle, great for a shorter person, perfect size. Have all options on ours except 19 inch wheels. Wish it had power tilt/telescoping wheel, probably only missing options. Very thoughtfully designed, seems overpriced but the devil is in the details. It was worth $8000 more than the RDX after sitting in both back to back. Have had it for a months and we love it, still like my BMW 550 more though!

Audi Q5 TDI - Better mileage than advertised
By darioa on 03/24/14 21:42 PM (PDT)

2014 Audi Q5 TDI Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

My new Audi Q5 TDI has a little over 1700 miles. I've been very careful during the break-in period, which happened during extreme cold temperatures and much snow and ice on the roads for a few weeks in February. The car would start flawlessly every time even at temperatures of -20 F in the mountains of Colorado. I've averaged 25.5 mpg in the city during cold weather and snowy roads. On a 180 mile round trip from Winter Park to Steamboat Springs, where you start at 8800 ft, go down to 7000, then up to almost 11,000 ft and then down to 6,800 ft I averaged 35 mpg with 5 people in the car, skis on the roof and a fully loaded trunk. From Boulder to Colorado Springs and back I averaged 41.5 MPG.

New 2014 Q5 TDI Owner
By berner on 02/13/14 15:05 PM (PST)

2014 Audi Q5 TDI Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Took delivery in early November 2014 of car ordered in July 2014. I am extremely pleased with the purchase! Have just had the 5,000-mile service performed and the car is a pure pleasure to own and drive. The car's torque (406ftlbs) makes driving fun. The "side assist" and "MMI" are worthwhile options. At 5,000-plus miles, in 30/70 city/highway driving, I average 30-mpg. On interstate trips, with cruise set at 77-mph, I average close to 34-mpg. I am amazed!

Upgraded CRV
By thk_1952 on 01/31/14 12:04 PM (PST)

2014 Audi Q5 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I recently purchased a Q5. I chose it as a medium option between the more expensive SUV's (X5/ML/Cayenne) and the more economic CRV/4runner/CX5's. In retrospect, I would categorize it with the second group and is overpriced for the quality. Peformance: Feels faster than it actually drives, particularly in the 50-70 range needed to merge onto major highways. The Q5 is fun to drive, until you look around and see that you're not accelerating as quiickly as you think. Interior: Cheap leather and interior surfaces look more similar to an accord or CRV than a luxury SUV. The computer/MMI seems out of date and dial is tough to use. Panorama sunroof is too big and gimicky.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Audi Q5 in VA is:

$132 per month*