2012 Audi Q5 Consumer Review: Expectation Fulfilled

2012 Audi Q5 - Consumer Review

2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 8-speed Automatic)

Expectation Fulfilled
By wogbe1 on

2012 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I custom ordered a White/Cinnamon Q5 2.0T Premium Plus for my wife, which we took delivery of on July 30th. The car has meet our every expectation for comfort, utility, handling, and ride quality. The only thing missing is the backup camera's computer chip, which we were told is months behind in production from the Japanese supplier due to the tsunami. Despite an ok power rating of 211bhp, the car is very torquey. So, off-the-line acceleration and passing power are excellent. We got the B&O sound system, which sounds excellent and was worth the extra $750. My wife says that driving it feels like wearing a comfortable pair of jeans. When she's happy, I'm happy.

One thing that I was very happy to see was the inclusion of an impedance (or "pinch protection") safety feature in the automatic tailgate. We looked at a 2010 and were shocked to find that it didn't have this important safety feature that is common on vehicles $10k less.

Steering feels light, but still solid. However, one interesting thing about steering at very low speeds (<5mph), is that the steering wheel does not naturally recover to neutral (especially if you lock the steering in either direction). So, sometimes if you have to be aware to turn the steering wheel back before accelerating out of a turn.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review