2012 Audi Q5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q5 model:
2012 Q5 2.0T Premium
By peteq5 on 03/10/12 19:44 PM (PST)

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Recently purchased the Q5 Premium with what appears to be the standard Option list in my area of Heated Seats, Sunroof, and Convenience Package. Only other option was the Monsoon Grey paint (I hate the extra charge for Paint). Car drives like an A4 with better utility. Gas mileage has been on the higher side (I drive mainly on a Parkway - with Stop & Go Traffic). Deceptively fast as you almost always feel you are going slower then the Speedo indicates, and quite smooth for an CUV. I should have ordered a Premium Plus stripped for the same base price, but did not want to wait 6 extra weeks. Best description, a Sports sedan in CUV body!

Great car, bad brake!
By charles98 on 02/18/12 16:45 PM (PST)

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Purchased the car new. Love everything about the car with the exception that from day one the brake squeaks, especially before it is going into a complete stop. In addition, the car produces a ton of brake dust: it will coat all the wheels with this dark metallic powder just a few days after cleaning, which completely messes up the appearance of the car, makes you feel like dressed up in a piece of brand new suit matched with a pair of stinky, worn out sneakers!

Q5 is Like an Apple Product
By ccc6588 on 01/21/12 09:30 AM (PST)

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have a 2.0 Silver/Black with Moon Roof, Convenience package, Heated Seats and Exhaust Tips. In my area it was very difficult to find the 2.0 so I had to go 70 miles away to get one. I have no regrets. My Q5 feels like an Apple product and every time I am in it, it makes me feel good. It is fun to drive and the interior and exterior are top notch. I have owned 2 BMW sedans previously and also looked at the X3 very hard. I am a type that sticks to what has worked in the past and the 2 BMW's I had were just fine. I had some reservations about Audi's past quality issues. The bottom line for me was the Q5 was superior in everyway like an Apple product.

Very sorry I bought this car.
By karlpach on 01/05/12 13:09 PM (PST)

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

The Q5 is great but I've had a very bad experience with mine and can't give it a good review. The skylight shattered by itself in very cold weather, and the dealer told me it is a known issue with the 2012 Q5 in cold weather. The dealer has had the car for a month and its still not fixed. They say the skylight has to come from Germany and they can't get a correct replacement part. Rusnak says the'll make it up to me by giving me a couple of payments, but it doesn't really make up for the time lost. I bought the car because I wanted to drive it, and so far, it just hasn't worked out.

One happy driver
By q52011 on 12/28/11 19:41 PM (PST)

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Love my Q5 premium plus 2.0 turbo! I have owned it for 10 months and would not trade it for another SUV. Mileage is great and the drive is pure comfort. Bluetooth is wonderful if you NEED to talk. I would never get another vehicle without Bluetooth. A colleague is getting Q5 through a dealer swap in approximately 10 days.

Awesome SUV
By bh2011 on 11/12/11 19:27 PM (PST)

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This is a super car to own and drive. Have it for 3 months now and have about 3500 miles on it. As reported in many other reviews, this SUV rides nice and tight, feels fast, drives fast and is a lot of fun. Extremely quiet interior and the sunroof is huge.

2012 Q5 Prem Plus + Nav 2.0T
By mrweeks on 11/04/11 01:06 AM (PDT)

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This cross-over is an amazing vehicle to drive. It handles like you would expect an Audi to handle. The Exterior is sleek, sexy and screams confidence. The interior is well laid out and the navigation system is a must optional upgrade. The panoramic roof lets the world into the cabin as your cruise around town. The steering does seem a little artificial at low speed,but as the car picks up the tightness and Audi feel kicks in. The 2.0T engine hums and out performs the 3.2

New Q5 Owner
By jns2000 on 10/08/11 13:06 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

We've had our new Q5 for a month. We've driven an Acura MDX for awhile and love it. In terms of comfort and driving experience though, the Q5 is several steps beyond the Acura! Extremely quiet, firm comfortable ride, nimble handling, plenty of power from the 2.0T - even up the step grade of I-70 west of Denver. And, so far good gas mileage, about as advertised, but much better than our Acura. The tech'y stuff takes a little getting used to, Nav, Bluetooth, media, and personal/car settings. The car is a perfect size for a couple of empty nesters who will use this car on trips ... might be tad small for a family trip!

An Excellent Buy
By j_o_s_e on 09/14/11 19:39 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I own a 2011 Volvo XC60 and now a 2012 Audi Q5. Although very different cars, they both are excellent buys. However, the Audi is just plain fun to drive. It lets you "feel" the road and is responsive. I have had it for only 2 weeks, but I am in love with the car, its looks, and the layout of the interior controls.

4 wonderful cylinders
By geezer113 on 08/24/11 12:29 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

The 2.0T knocks the socks off most V6's. Off the line and anywhere in the RPM curve. The 8 speed transmission is a huge part of this performance, but I love every sound this car makes and driving it is a pure pleasure. Highway miles are exactly as promised at 27mpg, and road noise is minimal. Go for the 2.0T and never look back. The panoramic sun roof is amazing and rolling over uneven pavement provokes zero body noises. This is a solid car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Audi Q5 Suv in VA is:

$138 per month*