Used 2012 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium Plus quattro SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Q5 model:

Nice Car - Horrible service
By kingsman

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Audi service is horrible. I bought new a Q7 TDI and a Q5 for my wife. First the Audi dealer overfills the oil in the Q7 causing all kinds of problems and would not fix them because the car was just out of warranty. Then my coolant in the Q5 starts leaking all over the garage and they say it won’t be fixed under warranty because the leak could be caused from an “outside influence”. I called Audi America who says “sorry” nothing we can do…. I am going to relay my terrible experience on every blog I can find. Such a shame as I really loved the Q7 and thought I could get more than 70k miles out of it. FYI- Criswell in Annapolis was the dealer.

Audi treats you great when you are buying the car but once you hit the service department you are treated like a second class citizen. Tried contacting Audi USA to step in and make things right with no success. Look at other luxury brands that know how to treat a customer.

Lovely vehicle but far too many issues for the price
By tofinochris

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We've owned a Premium Plus (3.2) Q5 for around four months and have driven it extensively in city and on highway. It's a fine vehicle, very comfortable, and has plenty of power. However, there are many small issues with the car that really boggle the mind at the $50k-ish price. 1. The multimedia system is, frankly, awful. It's design that feels a decade old, the control dial scrolls things the opposite way from other consumer devices (eg iPod), and the menu system is convoluted. 2. The GPS is completely useless. The maps provided with the car are at least 4-5 years old and the routing is poor. 3. The gas cap cover has broken already, 4 months in. Flimsy construction.

Car is extremely comfortable, even on long drives. Everything is very quiet. Engine has plenty of power. Gas mileage is actually not horrendous as long as you drive sensibly. Sound system is quite nice. Lots of cargo space and thoughtful touches in the cargo area like bag hooks and little storage areas.

1. Multimedia system needs to be completely overhauled. I've worked in tech all my life and still find it hard to use. It's really awful. 2. Up-to-date maps absolutely need to be supplied with a luxury car. There is no excuse for 5-year-old maps. 3. Construction quality must improve -- the broken gas cap cover really makes me question overall quality. 4. Our salesman informed us that we could not change the steering wheel display from using european radix points (eg 10,7km instead of 10.7km). A small thing, but I'm not in Europe and the comma is annoying -- again, I should be able to change this in a luxury car.

audi the best
By gmudan

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Audi Q5 2012 my first and last suv. great to drive quiet, fun great handling, suspension, steering and trans, can be adjusted to your taste, all in all its the best

sunroof, audi replaced the sunroof, sound system is awesome, seats are perfect, long or short drives they are comfortable. interia room plenty.

non

Good but room for improvement...
By realpicky

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is a very nice car/cross over. Fun ride but you can feel all road blemishes. It handles extremely well. Very responsive steering. It has surprising acceleration. Excellent headlights. Not a wimpy looking cross over so as a guy, you won't be embarrassed. The Multi Media System... well lets just say they blew it (see below). My wife can't figure it out so she sticks with FM stations.

Fun car to drive. Comfortable front seats. Great sound system. VERY solid feeling. Responsive steering. Quiet in the cabin. Climate control works well.

** The Multi Media System (MMS) is my biggest beef. I own a technology company so I'm not a neophyte with computers and technology in general. First of all, the MMS is improperly located. All the buttons and control are on the console between the driver and passenger. That means to change anything you must take your eyes off the road just to locate the right button. In addition, there are too many button and dials all integrated into one big mess. I will leave it at that. ** Brake dust is easily caked on the wheels. Very frustrating. ** The second row seat is not very comfortable and they should have sculped the front seats to give passenger more leg/knee room in the second row.

An Excellent Buy
By j_o_s_e

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I own a 2011 Volvo XC60 and now a 2012 Audi Q5. Although very different cars, they both are excellent buys. However, the Audi is just plain fun to drive. It lets you "feel" the road and is responsive. I have had it for only 2 weeks, but I am in love with the car, its looks, and the layout of the interior controls.

Interior controls are well integrated into the driving experience, although there are too many of them to "feel" without looking while driving. Unfortunately, you have to take your eyes off the road momentarily in order to take advantage of all the "doodahs" in the panel. The lumbar support 4-way is incredibly useful to someone with back problems like yours truly.

AC inverter integrated in the trunk. Different voices for the navigation (the lady is nice, but other cars offer variations available).