2012 Audi Q5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q5 model:
Nice Car - Horrible service
By kingsman on 07/23/13 13:14 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Audi service is horrible. I bought new a Q7 TDI and a Q5 for my wife. First the Audi dealer overfills the oil in the Q7 causing all kinds of problems and would not fix them because the car was just out of warranty. Then my coolant in the Q5 starts leaking all over the garage and they say it won’t be fixed under warranty because the leak could be caused from an “outside influence”. I called Audi America who says “sorry” nothing we can do…. I am going to relay my terrible experience on every blog I can find. Such a shame as I really loved the Q7 and thought I could get more than 70k miles out of it. FYI- Criswell in Annapolis was the dealer.

Lovely vehicle but far too many issues for the price
By tofinochris on 12/11/12 11:13 AM (PST)

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We've owned a Premium Plus (3.2) Q5 for around four months and have driven it extensively in city and on highway. It's a fine vehicle, very comfortable, and has plenty of power. However, there are many small issues with the car that really boggle the mind at the $50k-ish price. 1. The multimedia system is, frankly, awful. It's design that feels a decade old, the control dial scrolls things the opposite way from other consumer devices (eg iPod), and the menu system is convoluted. 2. The GPS is completely useless. The maps provided with the car are at least 4-5 years old and the routing is poor. 3. The gas cap cover has broken already, 4 months in. Flimsy construction.

audi the best
By gmudan on 10/24/12 18:24 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Audi Q5 2012 my first and last suv. great to drive quiet, fun great handling, suspension, steering and trans, can be adjusted to your taste, all in all its the best

Good but room for improvement...
By realpicky on 05/16/12 15:21 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is a very nice car/cross over. Fun ride but you can feel all road blemishes. It handles extremely well. Very responsive steering. It has surprising acceleration. Excellent headlights. Not a wimpy looking cross over so as a guy, you won't be embarrassed. The Multi Media System... well lets just say they blew it (see below). My wife can't figure it out so she sticks with FM stations.

An Excellent Buy
By j_o_s_e on 09/14/11 19:39 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I own a 2011 Volvo XC60 and now a 2012 Audi Q5. Although very different cars, they both are excellent buys. However, the Audi is just plain fun to drive. It lets you "feel" the road and is responsive. I have had it for only 2 weeks, but I am in love with the car, its looks, and the layout of the interior controls.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Audi Q5 Suv in VA is:

$132 per month*