2012 Audi Q5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q5 model:
2.0 L is plenty fast
By croot on 10/01/13 13:06 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Very satisfied with our 2012 Q5. I would recommend the smaller engine to anyone. Very quick and plenty fast. Great gas mileage. The 8-speed must help that. My only grip about the engine is sound at idle when you are outside. It is only a sputter that comes out of the exhaust.

Rear hazards of the car
By krosenquist on 10/06/12 12:09 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Overall, great car. However, I would alert families to that the 2 tailpipes are nice looking but extend too far out from the car. I have a crescent shaped burn on my shin when I let the dog out of the back. Three small boys eating a snack off the back nearly missed being burned by these pipes. Since these events, I've noticed that most car makers do a better job of hiding the tail pipe under the bumper. Also, rear door does not stop quickly enough and for small objects in it's line of descent to a closed position. My son who is only 9 had it push down on him. If you can't get bags, body parts or dog paws out of the way in time, it could dangerous.

2012 Q5 @ 20k Miles - Great SUV
By jolietjay on 08/15/12 22:55 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

We just passed 20k miles on a 2012 2.0T Premium Plus; and just passed the 1 year anniversary of buying this vehicle. Overall this has been a great crossover SUV. Made it through the Chicago Winter and I found myself driving it more than my 2010 4Runner with 4WD. The AWD is great in the snow and on icy roads. The front seats offer a lot of room, and at 6'3" AND 250 lbs.....I fit in this car just fine. Plenty of head room. More head room than most full size SUVs. The back section doesn't offer as much storage space as a full size SUV, but the back seats to fold (almost) flat to make a pretty good sized cargo space. If you need to haul a lot on a long trip, the integrated roof rails

Q5 2.0 Premium After 12,000 miles
By cheapiam on 08/10/12 19:38 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Amazingly fun to drive. Averaging over 25 mpg in mixed driving with a high of 29 and a low of 23. Transmission is quiet and smooth (unless I drive really hard, you don't even notice the shifts). Virtually no oil loss over my last oil change (7000 plus miles). Get the Audi Care Package as Service Costs are high.

Q5 Audi review
By claimbo on 06/30/12 16:09 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

The Audi Q5 is a wonderful addition to the Audi line up. This vehicle is traditional Audi with all the bells and whistles that makes an Audi and Audi. Great pick up and tight steering. It drives just as a German car should drive. The 8 speed automatic transmission is very smooth. The keyless entry and push button actions are what one would expect from a luxury vehicle. It is fun to drive. Mine came with the technology package which is a bit disappointing.

My last car was a BMW X5, Audi rules!
By rosiegirl on 06/05/12 13:46 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I think my title says it all! My last car was a top of the line X5 , with everything on it. I paid cash for it brand new. I owned it for 7 years....problems, little niggly ones, all the time. Trim that didn't fit, rattles, BMW issues! I loved driving that car though. My Q5...leased it as I was wary about buying...everything has been perfect since day one. The fit and finish are perfect, driving it's wonderful and the dealer is 100% hassle free.Including the free car washes!

2012 Q5 2.0T Premium
By peteq5 on 03/10/12 19:44 PM (PST)

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Recently purchased the Q5 Premium with what appears to be the standard Option list in my area of Heated Seats, Sunroof, and Convenience Package. Only other option was the Monsoon Grey paint (I hate the extra charge for Paint). Car drives like an A4 with better utility. Gas mileage has been on the higher side (I drive mainly on a Parkway - with Stop & Go Traffic). Deceptively fast as you almost always feel you are going slower then the Speedo indicates, and quite smooth for an CUV. I should have ordered a Premium Plus stripped for the same base price, but did not want to wait 6 extra weeks. Best description, a Sports sedan in CUV body!

Great car, bad brake!
By charles98 on 02/18/12 16:45 PM (PST)

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Purchased the car new. Love everything about the car with the exception that from day one the brake squeaks, especially before it is going into a complete stop. In addition, the car produces a ton of brake dust: it will coat all the wheels with this dark metallic powder just a few days after cleaning, which completely messes up the appearance of the car, makes you feel like dressed up in a piece of brand new suit matched with a pair of stinky, worn out sneakers!

Q5 is Like an Apple Product
By ccc6588 on 01/21/12 09:30 AM (PST)

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have a 2.0 Silver/Black with Moon Roof, Convenience package, Heated Seats and Exhaust Tips. In my area it was very difficult to find the 2.0 so I had to go 70 miles away to get one. I have no regrets. My Q5 feels like an Apple product and every time I am in it, it makes me feel good. It is fun to drive and the interior and exterior are top notch. I have owned 2 BMW sedans previously and also looked at the X3 very hard. I am a type that sticks to what has worked in the past and the 2 BMW's I had were just fine. I had some reservations about Audi's past quality issues. The bottom line for me was the Q5 was superior in everyway like an Apple product.

Very sorry I bought this car.
By karlpach on 01/05/12 13:09 PM (PST)

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

The Q5 is great but I've had a very bad experience with mine and can't give it a good review. The skylight shattered by itself in very cold weather, and the dealer told me it is a known issue with the 2012 Q5 in cold weather. The dealer has had the car for a month and its still not fixed. They say the skylight has to come from Germany and they can't get a correct replacement part. Rusnak says the'll make it up to me by giving me a couple of payments, but it doesn't really make up for the time lost. I bought the car because I wanted to drive it, and so far, it just hasn't worked out.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Audi Q5 Suv in VA is:

$135 per month*