2012 Audi Q5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q5 model:
2.0 L is plenty fast
By croot on 10/01/13 13:06 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Very satisfied with our 2012 Q5. I would recommend the smaller engine to anyone. Very quick and plenty fast. Great gas mileage. The 8-speed must help that. My only grip about the engine is sound at idle when you are outside. It is only a sputter that comes out of the exhaust.

Nice Car - Horrible service
By kingsman on 07/23/13 13:14 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Audi service is horrible. I bought new a Q7 TDI and a Q5 for my wife. First the Audi dealer overfills the oil in the Q7 causing all kinds of problems and would not fix them because the car was just out of warranty. Then my coolant in the Q5 starts leaking all over the garage and they say it won’t be fixed under warranty because the leak could be caused from an “outside influence”. I called Audi America who says “sorry” nothing we can do…. I am going to relay my terrible experience on every blog I can find. Such a shame as I really loved the Q7 and thought I could get more than 70k miles out of it. FYI- Criswell in Annapolis was the dealer.

Lovely vehicle but far too many issues for the price
By tofinochris on 12/11/12 11:13 AM (PST)

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We've owned a Premium Plus (3.2) Q5 for around four months and have driven it extensively in city and on highway. It's a fine vehicle, very comfortable, and has plenty of power. However, there are many small issues with the car that really boggle the mind at the $50k-ish price. 1. The multimedia system is, frankly, awful. It's design that feels a decade old, the control dial scrolls things the opposite way from other consumer devices (eg iPod), and the menu system is convoluted. 2. The GPS is completely useless. The maps provided with the car are at least 4-5 years old and the routing is poor. 3. The gas cap cover has broken already, 4 months in. Flimsy construction.

audi the best
By gmudan on 10/24/12 18:24 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Audi Q5 2012 my first and last suv. great to drive quiet, fun great handling, suspension, steering and trans, can be adjusted to your taste, all in all its the best

Rear hazards of the car
By krosenquist on 10/06/12 12:09 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Overall, great car. However, I would alert families to that the 2 tailpipes are nice looking but extend too far out from the car. I have a crescent shaped burn on my shin when I let the dog out of the back. Three small boys eating a snack off the back nearly missed being burned by these pipes. Since these events, I've noticed that most car makers do a better job of hiding the tail pipe under the bumper. Also, rear door does not stop quickly enough and for small objects in it's line of descent to a closed position. My son who is only 9 had it push down on him. If you can't get bags, body parts or dog paws out of the way in time, it could dangerous.

2012 Q5 @ 20k Miles - Great SUV
By jolietjay on 08/15/12 22:55 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

We just passed 20k miles on a 2012 2.0T Premium Plus; and just passed the 1 year anniversary of buying this vehicle. Overall this has been a great crossover SUV. Made it through the Chicago Winter and I found myself driving it more than my 2010 4Runner with 4WD. The AWD is great in the snow and on icy roads. The front seats offer a lot of room, and at 6'3" AND 250 lbs.....I fit in this car just fine. Plenty of head room. More head room than most full size SUVs. The back section doesn't offer as much storage space as a full size SUV, but the back seats to fold (almost) flat to make a pretty good sized cargo space. If you need to haul a lot on a long trip, the integrated roof rails

Q5 2.0 Premium After 12,000 miles
By cheapiam on 08/10/12 19:38 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Amazingly fun to drive. Averaging over 25 mpg in mixed driving with a high of 29 and a low of 23. Transmission is quiet and smooth (unless I drive really hard, you don't even notice the shifts). Virtually no oil loss over my last oil change (7000 plus miles). Get the Audi Care Package as Service Costs are high.

Q5 Audi review
By claimbo on 06/30/12 16:09 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

The Audi Q5 is a wonderful addition to the Audi line up. This vehicle is traditional Audi with all the bells and whistles that makes an Audi and Audi. Great pick up and tight steering. It drives just as a German car should drive. The 8 speed automatic transmission is very smooth. The keyless entry and push button actions are what one would expect from a luxury vehicle. It is fun to drive. Mine came with the technology package which is a bit disappointing.

My last car was a BMW X5, Audi rules!
By rosiegirl on 06/05/12 13:46 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I think my title says it all! My last car was a top of the line X5 , with everything on it. I paid cash for it brand new. I owned it for 7 years....problems, little niggly ones, all the time. Trim that didn't fit, rattles, BMW issues! I loved driving that car though. My Q5...leased it as I was wary about buying...everything has been perfect since day one. The fit and finish are perfect, driving it's wonderful and the dealer is 100% hassle free.Including the free car washes!

Good but room for improvement...
By realpicky on 05/16/12 15:21 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is a very nice car/cross over. Fun ride but you can feel all road blemishes. It handles extremely well. Very responsive steering. It has surprising acceleration. Excellent headlights. Not a wimpy looking cross over so as a guy, you won't be embarrassed. The Multi Media System... well lets just say they blew it (see below). My wife can't figure it out so she sticks with FM stations.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Audi Q5 Suv in VA is:

$135 per month*