Used 2012 Audi Q5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Audi Q5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q5 model:

It Makes Me Smile
By optionsf

2012 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have shopped for an SUV for three years, awaiting the Jeep Cherokee, then opting for the AWD Nissan Rogue. When I couldn't get the color and version I wanted on time, I found a 2012 Q5 very lightly used for the same price as these new cars...only12k miles. Today I took it on the infamous run to costco and found myself smiling...when the back gate opens automatically, when I stashed the wine bottles in the compartment under the rug, when I got in and turned on the Bang & Olufsen upgraded sound, and when the turbo kicked in and I shot past another car uphill. The build quality is excellent and this 3 yr old feels tight and solid. After my last Nissan Murano, it feels like a sports car

Panoramic roof, Bang & Olufsen upgraded sound, the fast 2.0 turbo, and the quality of the interior. The cold cup holder was a fun surprise. I love the steering variability, tight and straight on the highway, and very tight and easy turning radius for parking. I really miss a backup camera, but the parking sensors are a good guide. I got 26 mpg on the highway, and about 20 so far in town. I love the details that make it "luxury"...all windows with automatic up/down, and 8way power on the passenger seat for example. Seating is great and beautiful. Especially fond of the hill descent feature, as I live up a steep hill.

iPhone integration and full Bluetooth should be standard. Bluetooth only works for calls without aftermarket device. Seems dumb to leave out a backup cam, these are very useful. So far, not much else to fault, it's amazing engineering.

2.0 L is plenty fast
By croot

2012 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Very satisfied with our 2012 Q5. I would recommend the smaller engine to anyone. Very quick and plenty fast. Great gas mileage. The 8-speed must help that. My only grip about the engine is sound at idle when you are outside. It is only a sputter that comes out of the exhaust.

Quality

Audi needs to make a more user friendly entertainment system. Using the stereo, even the HVAC is frustrating. Our other car is an Infinity G37 and the Japanese make these creature comfort controls much easier to use. Hard to imagine that Audi consults with the general buying public before designing these systems.

Nice Car - Horrible service
By kingsman

2012 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Audi service is horrible. I bought new a Q7 TDI and a Q5 for my wife. First the Audi dealer overfills the oil in the Q7 causing all kinds of problems and would not fix them because the car was just out of warranty. Then my coolant in the Q5 starts leaking all over the garage and they say it won’t be fixed under warranty because the leak could be caused from an “outside influence”. I called Audi America who says “sorry” nothing we can do…. I am going to relay my terrible experience on every blog I can find. Such a shame as I really loved the Q7 and thought I could get more than 70k miles out of it. FYI- Criswell in Annapolis was the dealer.

Audi treats you great when you are buying the car but once you hit the service department you are treated like a second class citizen. Tried contacting Audi USA to step in and make things right with no success. Look at other luxury brands that know how to treat a customer.

Lovely vehicle but far too many issues for the price
By tofinochris

2012 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We've owned a Premium Plus (3.2) Q5 for around four months and have driven it extensively in city and on highway. It's a fine vehicle, very comfortable, and has plenty of power. However, there are many small issues with the car that really boggle the mind at the $50k-ish price. 1. The multimedia system is, frankly, awful. It's design that feels a decade old, the control dial scrolls things the opposite way from other consumer devices (eg iPod), and the menu system is convoluted. 2. The GPS is completely useless. The maps provided with the car are at least 4-5 years old and the routing is poor. 3. The gas cap cover has broken already, 4 months in. Flimsy construction.

Car is extremely comfortable, even on long drives. Everything is very quiet. Engine has plenty of power. Gas mileage is actually not horrendous as long as you drive sensibly. Sound system is quite nice. Lots of cargo space and thoughtful touches in the cargo area like bag hooks and little storage areas.

1. Multimedia system needs to be completely overhauled. I've worked in tech all my life and still find it hard to use. It's really awful. 2. Up-to-date maps absolutely need to be supplied with a luxury car. There is no excuse for 5-year-old maps. 3. Construction quality must improve -- the broken gas cap cover really makes me question overall quality. 4. Our salesman informed us that we could not change the steering wheel display from using european radix points (eg 10,7km instead of 10.7km). A small thing, but I'm not in Europe and the comma is annoying -- again, I should be able to change this in a luxury car.

audi the best
By gmudan

2012 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Audi Q5 2012 my first and last suv. great to drive quiet, fun great handling, suspension, steering and trans, can be adjusted to your taste, all in all its the best

sunroof, audi replaced the sunroof, sound system is awesome, seats are perfect, long or short drives they are comfortable. interia room plenty.

non