2011 Audi Q5 Consumer Review: Wonderful vehicle

2011 Audi Q5 - Consumer Review

2011 Audi Q5

2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 8-speed Automatic)

Wonderful vehicle
By zekespaw on

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I told my wife the other day that I actually look forward to my commute just so that I can drive this amazing vehicle.

The ride, quiet, handling, performance, wiz-bang gizmo's, styling... these are all first rate. I compared many cars and kept going back to this one. It took me nearly 6 months to make a decision, and I have NO regrets.

Complaints from reviewers about the overly complicated Nav system were obviously written by Luddites. It works wonderfully (except for what I wrote below).

The feel and drivability of this car is outstanding. The other vehicles in it's class just don't compare. Maybe it's just a matter of taste, but the Q5 is all good taste.

Ride, handling, steering feel, quiet, moonroof (which I thought I'd hate... and might feel differently about come summer). Seats are remarkable. Controls and read-outs are dazling, as is the styling inside and out. The Nav system is brilliant! Acceleration is blistering... if you want it to be. Car is stable and secure with the wheels feeling firmly planted and solid. Manuevers very well. Mileage so far is great (for this class). I'm getting 27-28 mpg on the freeway (most of what I drive).

My biggest (if not only) complaint is the AM radio. It is so bad that it's almost unusable. The HD goes in and out (I live and drive through hills), and it's just plain annoying. When it's locked on to an HD signal, it's brilliant! When it's not, it sounds like... well... like AM radio... but muffled. The rest of the sound system (not B&O) is gorgeous, and no complaints at all. It sounds wonderful and works perfectly with my iPod. Also... Cleaning the front windshield is a bear because the wipers don't lift up past the hood unless I put it into 'service position'. Not a deal breaker, but I have to remember to do this each time.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review