29 of 72 people found this review helpful
Audi Q5 2.0T Premium Plus - No Need for V-6
By ricks8 on
2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)
What a great vehicle!
We bought a new Q5 2.0T for my wife to replace her 12 year old Lexus RX.
We couldn't be happier so far and love everything about the car from styling to performance to value (under $40K).
The Q5 was the runaway winner after comparing to the new RX (what is wrong with Lexus??!!), Volvo XC60, Infiniti EX and FX, Cadillac SRX, LR2, and MB GLK among others.
(We looked at everything except the BMW X3, which wasn't available yet in December and we knew would be ridiculously priced anyway).
The 2.0T will provide the best fuel economy and more than enough power - a shock to me.
I would have never through a 4 cylinder could power an SUV like this one.
* Performance of 2.0 turbo with 8 speed transmission is unbelievable
* AWD handling combined with performance make it really, really fun to drive
* Styling / appearance - nicest looking SUV / cross over out there to us
* Fit and finish that appear second to none
* Bluetooth and iPod integration
* Power tailgate
* Comfortable seats
* Panorama sun roof
* Fuel economy (23 mpg overall) + large fuel tank = less stops
* Xenon headlights and LED daytime running lights
* Auto fold-in mirrors
* Perfect size - not too big or too small
* Better price than anything except the Volvo (which we found had 5 recalls in 2010 no one heard about)... and it was fairly close to the Volvo (we purchased, no lease)
* Make backup camera and parking sensors standard even without navigation (I don't think it makes sense to pay for navigation in a car.
It is expensive and depreciates immediately.
Get an iPad for a fraction of the price and a lot more functionality if you want navigation.)
* B&O upgraded stereo is available as an option on a stand-alone basis... if you can find one; dealers need more inventory