2011 Audi Q5 Consumer Review: 3.5 years, 58k miles and count

2011 Audi Q5 - Consumer Review

2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 8-speed Automatic)

3.5 years, 58k miles and counting.
By travis_in_tx on

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Purchased new 2011 2.0T with sunroof, no Navi. I use this suv all the time - lots of hiway miles, some offroad/farm tracks, vet errands, cross country. Need the SUV format. 1st set of OEM Tires lasted about 45k, new Pirellis I think are even better. I keep a qt of SynthOil in the boot, in 3 years have added 4 quarts total - glad mine's not unique, and seriously people, this is not among life's major problems considering all the positives. Lifetime MPG is 24.7. Audio/iPod/Sat is great. Cargo is functional, plenty of passer space. It's a solid efficient SUV, I don't know what I would get instead. I do have a soft spot for that Subaru/dog commercial, but Q5 suits me for work and after work.

Favorite Features

Those cinnamon/mocha seats with black exterior - lots of compliments. Quattro and basic handling - it's no A4 or track car but you feel well grounded, and I have straddled ruts and poor farm roads thru sand and mud on occasion. 2.0T is a great engine - best combo of fuel and power for a two ton truck/SUV. Base Audio is very high quality. 3 power ports very helpful, I use em all. Big sunroof & solar blocker are fine even in TX -- I thought it would be too hotÂ… nope.

Suggested Improvements

Options are pricey, keep your cost down by not getting the Navi, or the Xenons, or sport wheels, or the power hatch (but if you're hauling a baby and lots of goodies I can see the needÂ…). The basic SUV is a good value under $38k but can quickly escalate. I miss the old Audi 50k free maintenance. As a result I don't use Dealer service, found a good Euro-service shop that handles all for less $.