2011 Audi Q5 3.2L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Good looking car, poor build

2011 Audi Q5 - Consumer Review

3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV (3.2L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Good looking car, poor build quality and horrible service
By skip37 on

2011 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Under 15K mi & water pump went out, front brake pads need to be replaced, wipers already shot (I live in SoCal & the vehicle is garaged) & I have the backseat constant rattle that Audi will not fix. We were just about to drive through the desert before the water pump failure...that Audi didn't warn us about. Instead, it ruined our trip & they washed our car for the inconvenience. They also deny that there is a problem with the seat rattle. Just do a search on it & you will see all the problems so many are experiencing. Now, I have to use duct tape to muffle a rattle that Audi will not fix on its 45K vehicle that is still under warranty. This is my second Audi and my last. Money pit!

Favorite Features

Interior design

Suggested Improvements

Build quality and service people at the dealerships....please have them fix the vehicle rather than plead and beg for you to give them a perfect score on their review. How Audi handled the water pump "silent recall" is total bush league. Okay, so Audi failed to manage its supply chain and get enough pumps in to handle a normal recall. At least have the dignity to forewarn your customers about a potential problem. Had our pump failed 250 miles later, we would have been stranded in the middle of the desert in the middle of the night. But thanks for that car wash to make up for your failures!
By anthony94114
on 10/01/11 21:33 PM (PDT)

If bevo READ the issues in the review she or he would have noticed that there was no duct tape on the muffler.. rather that the seat back had a seat rattle muffled by use of duct tape. Further, just because bevo has a nice Q5 means nothing. They are different vehicles, manufactured on different dates with clearly, different owner experiences. Thank you Skip37 for your candid review.

By bevo67
on 09/05/11 19:15 PM (PDT)

This post cannot be factual - I've owned a 2009 Audi Q5 for the past three years and have had absolutely no problems with the vehicle. In fact, I was so impressed by the car that I purchased a 2012 version. The poster put duct tape on the muffler?! Where exactly - its has dual exhaust! I have not seen a "water pump" recall for this vehicle. The only recall item for this model was a sensor for the headlamp (which Audi replaced free of charge of course).