Used 2011 Audi Q5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Audi Q5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q5 model:

Out performs MPG estimates
By bigjoe7

2011 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I am an Acura MDX driver who was tired of limited leg room for the driver. The Q5 is smaller but has a longer wheel base and has removed the irritating foot pedal that played havoc with my shin bone with a simple lever on the center console. Start, stop, set parking brake within inches of each function. The prestige styling is to my likingand performance with the 3.2L engine has exceeded my expectations in both power and mileage. My entire music library is available by simply cable connecting my ipod in the glove box; simple lead thru on the car's 7" screen.

Adaptive Cruise control is a safety feature to me along with the side assist feature. It also reduces driving fatique by limiting the participation in reducing and increasing speed to accomodate drivers in front. Mountain roads at night are made much easier to navigate wih the adaptive headlights. No blind spots on sharp turns. Voice commands allow me to do what I need to without taking my eyes off the road. The text to voice is so good you put the info in and no need to confirm with second sound input as I had to do with my last vehicle.

Would like to see the telescoping and up and down adj on the steering wheel to be electronic. A little difficult to adjust while driving. THe center console arm rest can slide into drinks and make a real mess. There should be a stopping mechanism before it slides over the cupholders.

Watch out for the 2.0T Engines
By atlas4

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I tried to do as much research as possible and every review kept pointing to the Audi 2011 Q5 with the 2.0T as the best at this time. So I bought one. The ride is excellent, gas mileage is very good, the fit and finish is excellent but now comes the big issue. The car burns oil at a very high rate. At 4000 miles I had to add a full quart of oil. The manual says it can burn 1 qt. every 600 miles so I guess that mean at almost every fill up of gas put a qt of oil in. That sounds ridiculous. I called 3 dealers and all said yes it does burn a lot of oil. Well that is just not acceptable so I sold it got a Toyota Rav4 4WD with more power, more cargo room and does not burn oil.

Ride, handling

Fix the oil burning 2.0T engine

Audi dealership quality
By hmsq5

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I bought this 2011 2.0T premium plus for my wife and she absolutely loves it. The car is comfortable, quiet and suits us well. But there seems to be a little bit of transmission lag when the car pulls away in the mornings. Very subtle and goes away. This is strange for a $40K car! I also bought a 2011 Acura RDX 2 weeks afterward, which IMO is more fun to drive and accelerates faster. Interestingly, the dealers could not differ anymore. The guys at Acura of Boston (Perry and Niso) were extremely nice, h elpful and there were 2-3 calls following the sales to check in. Benardi Audi tried to get me into paying a higher finance rate and never called once to follow up.

Ride, quietness, creature comforts, interior, exterior.

Transmission, better dealership experience.

Wonderful vehicle
By zekespaw

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I told my wife the other day that I actually look forward to my commute just so that I can drive this amazing vehicle. The ride, quiet, handling, performance, wiz-bang gizmo's, styling... these are all first rate. I compared many cars and kept going back to this one. It took me nearly 6 months to make a decision, and I have NO regrets. Complaints from reviewers about the overly complicated Nav system were obviously written by Luddites. It works wonderfully (except for what I wrote below). The feel and drivability of this car is outstanding. The other vehicles in it's class just don't compare. Maybe it's just a matter of taste, but the Q5 is all good taste.

Ride, handling, steering feel, quiet, moonroof (which I thought I'd hate... and might feel differently about come summer). Seats are remarkable. Controls and read-outs are dazling, as is the styling inside and out. The Nav system is brilliant! Acceleration is blistering... if you want it to be. Car is stable and secure with the wheels feeling firmly planted and solid. Manuevers very well. Mileage so far is great (for this class). I'm getting 27-28 mpg on the freeway (most of what I drive).

My biggest (if not only) complaint is the AM radio. It is so bad that it's almost unusable. The HD goes in and out (I live and drive through hills), and it's just plain annoying. When it's locked on to an HD signal, it's brilliant! When it's not, it sounds like... well... like AM radio... but muffled. The rest of the sound system (not B&O) is gorgeous, and no complaints at all. It sounds wonderful and works perfectly with my iPod. Also... Cleaning the front windshield is a bear because the wipers don't lift up past the hood unless I put it into 'service position'. Not a deal breaker, but I have to remember to do this each time.

LOVE THIS CAR
By ebeleye

2011 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Long-time BMW driver who was looking for a new experience...I found it with this amazing car. Fantastic handling, great power, good build quality, supreme comfort. The technology in this car was also a big seller for me (MMI/nav system is awesome). I had wanted to buy a Volvo Xc60, as I like the sporty looks of that SUV (and the understatement of driving a Volvo). However, compared to the Q5, the Volvos' interior and ride quality were totally lacking. This car handles like a sports coupe, and it is just so much fun to drive. Also looked at the new x3, sadly BMW missed the mark with the styling of that new release.

Handling, power, interior quality, pano roof, MMI

I probably paid a little too much! This SUV is in very high demand...and with the larger engine and MMI, you're are at the high end for this class of vehicle.