Used 2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Audi Q5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q5 model:

Best In Class
By dsippin

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

We got tired of our 2008 Audi TT 3.2 sports car (fun but impractical) and traded it in for a 2011 Q5 2.0L with the Premium Plus package. We could not be happier with this vehicle. It is far superior to the competition with a great blend of style, luxury, comfort, and economy. The electronics are phenomenal. The displays are sharp and crisp. Ride is a perfect blend of tautness and comfort - just returned from a 400-mile round-trip. Interior is extremely quiet. Perfect size, lots of leg room and plenty of rear storage.
Getting close to 30mpg at $4.00 plus per gallon saves a lot of gas money.
Dealership experience at Audi of Fairfield (CT) was terrific.

Smooth 8-speed tranny, state of the art electronics, nav, audio, iPhone interface for phone calls and music, rear-view camera, luxurious interior, stylish exterior, easy fold-down of rear seats, free roof racks.

Heated front seats do not get hot enough even at the highest setting.

Watch out for the 2.0T Engines
By atlas4

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I tried to do as much research as possible and every review kept pointing to the Audi 2011 Q5 with the 2.0T as the best at this time.
So I bought one.
The ride is excellent, gas mileage is very good, the fit and finish is excellent but now comes the big issue.
The car burns oil at a very high rate.
At 4000 miles I had to add a full quart of oil.
The manual says it can burn 1 qt. every 600 miles so I guess that mean at almost every fill up of gas put a qt of oil in.
That sounds ridiculous.
I called 3 dealers and all said yes it does burn a lot of oil.
Well that is just not acceptable so I sold it got a Toyota Rav4 4WD with more power, more cargo room and does not burn oil.

Ride, handling

Fix the oil burning 2.0T engine

Audi dealership quality
By hmsq5

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I bought this 2011 2.0T premium plus for my wife and she absolutely loves it. The car is comfortable, quiet and suits us well. But there seems to be a little bit of transmission lag when the car pulls away in the mornings. Very subtle and goes away. This is strange for a $40K car! I also bought a 2011 Acura RDX 2 weeks afterward, which IMO is more fun to drive and accelerates faster. Interestingly, the dealers could not differ anymore. The guys at Acura of Boston (Perry and Niso) were extremely nice, h elpful and there were 2-3 calls following the sales to check in. Benardi Audi tried to get me into paying a higher finance rate and never called once to follow up.

Ride, quietness, creature comforts, interior, exterior.

Transmission, better dealership experience.

Wonderful vehicle
By zekespaw

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I told my wife the other day that I actually look forward to my commute just so that I can drive this amazing vehicle.

The ride, quiet, handling, performance, wiz-bang gizmo's, styling... these are all first rate. I compared many cars and kept going back to this one. It took me nearly 6 months to make a decision, and I have NO regrets.

Complaints from reviewers about the overly complicated Nav system were obviously written by Luddites. It works wonderfully (except for what I wrote below).

The feel and drivability of this car is outstanding. The other vehicles in it's class just don't compare. Maybe it's just a matter of taste, but the Q5 is all good taste.

Ride, handling, steering feel, quiet, moonroof (which I thought I'd hate... and might feel differently about come summer). Seats are remarkable. Controls and read-outs are dazling, as is the styling inside and out. The Nav system is brilliant! Acceleration is blistering... if you want it to be. Car is stable and secure with the wheels feeling firmly planted and solid. Manuevers very well. Mileage so far is great (for this class). I'm getting 27-28 mpg on the freeway (most of what I drive).

My biggest (if not only) complaint is the AM radio. It is so bad that it's almost unusable. The HD goes in and out (I live and drive through hills), and it's just plain annoying. When it's locked on to an HD signal, it's brilliant! When it's not, it sounds like... well... like AM radio... but muffled. The rest of the sound system (not B&O) is gorgeous, and no complaints at all. It sounds wonderful and works perfectly with my iPod. Also... Cleaning the front windshield is a bear because the wipers don't lift up past the hood unless I put it into 'service position'. Not a deal breaker, but I have to remember to do this each time.

Audi Q5 2.0T Premium Plus - No Need for V-6
By ricks8

What a great vehicle!

We bought a new Q5 2.0T for my wife to replace her 12 year old Lexus RX.
We couldn't be happier so far and love everything about the car from styling to performance to value (under $40K).
The Q5 was the runaway winner after comparing to the new RX (what is wrong with Lexus??!!), Volvo XC60, Infiniti EX and FX, Cadillac SRX, LR2, and MB GLK among others.
(We looked at everything except the BMW X3, which wasn't available yet in December and we knew would be ridiculously priced anyway).

The 2.0T will provide the best fuel economy and more than enough power - a shock to me.
I would have never through a 4 cylinder could power an SUV like this one.

* Performance of 2.0 turbo with 8 speed transmission is unbelievable * AWD handling combined with performance make it really, really fun to drive * Styling / appearance - nicest looking SUV / cross over out there to us * Fit and finish that appear second to none * Bluetooth and iPod integration * Power tailgate * Comfortable seats * Panorama sun roof * Fuel economy (23 mpg overall) + large fuel tank = less stops * Xenon headlights and LED daytime running lights * Auto fold-in mirrors * Perfect size - not too big or too small * Better price than anything except the Volvo (which we found had 5 recalls in 2010 no one heard about)... and it was fairly close to the Volvo (we purchased, no lease)

* Make backup camera and parking sensors standard even without navigation (I don't think it makes sense to pay for navigation in a car. It is expensive and depreciates immediately. Get an iPad for a fraction of the price and a lot more functionality if you want navigation.) * B&O upgraded stereo is available as an option on a stand-alone basis... if you can find one; dealers need more inventory