2011 Audi Q5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q5 model:
Awesome, fun to drive Audi!
By fun-to-drive! on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Soccer Mom looking for more fun while getting close to "mid-life crisis!" Got the fun back! Wow, love the power and handling and feel of this drive. With hardly any inventory around, had to take the offered package 2.0T premium plus and love it. Sporty, luxury, can't-take-my-eyes-off-of-it beauty! Tight space inside but the sacrifice is worth it. Not getting the mileage yet that I was hoping for and premium gas pricey but still worth it! Hope the Audi "quality" holds up over the years. A little concerned about a big hiccup feeling when slowing down towards stop sign (outcome of drive-by-wire?). Interested to know what that is and why and is the car okay? Overall, very pleased with Q5

New 2011 Q5 2.0T
By ftlnewaudi on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

After driving the Q5 in V6 form several times I was glad to see the 2.0T come out for 2011. It definitely sounds like a 4 cylinder (albeit a smooth one) and the new 8sp transmission does need to shift more often to keep up to speed. But overall I am extremely happy with the Q5 in 2.0T trim. It drives like a car with great handling and a quiet, smooth ride. I have the Premium Plus with standard 18" wheels as well as the Nav package and B&O Stereo. So far a great vehicle.

New 2011 Q5 2.0T
By ftlash on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

The 2.0T engine in the Q5 seems more than adequate to me. It seems almost as fast as the V6 with considerably better gas mileage. It is also quiet and refined for a 4 cyl turbo. The vehicle is screwed together extremely well and is a pleasure to drive. Did not know if I would like a CUV after having many sport sedans but so far it is a great handling vehicle.

Cross country tourer, urban worker
By Travis on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Superb driving dynamics, I last owned an Audi in 1998, and everything has moved well ahead. Also owned FX35, RDX. This is better than both on sheer driving satisfaction - fast, quiet, comfortable, roomy, competent and handles great. 28mpg on a 2,700 mile cross country trip to LA, over the Rockies. Panorama roof and screen were fine, and quite enjoyable under varied conditions. Opted against Navi, not a 3d fan and in 5yrs, resale on Navi I am betting will not be worthwhile given many great options emerging on handhelds. Love the 2.0t and also the 8 sp and the S drive choice is quite a good aggressive option for urban cut and thrust. Roomy, efficient, and beautiful. Big ups for the Q5.

AUDI Q5 fun to drive
By FRED on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have only driven this car for two weeks and am thrilled with it. Two most outstanding attributes is it's performance and comfort. The torque generated from this engine is incredible. You feel as though you are driving a car with a lot more horsepower. The size and pep make it so much fun to drive.

Happy with
By evansto on 09/05/10 05:15 AM (PDT)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I moved from a Mercedes ML350 to the Q5. I went with the 2.0T over the 3.2, it seemed more fun to drive and I like the turbo sound when it kicks in. The vehicle is quiet (not as quiet as the ML) and the ride is very nice, firm yet quiet and solid. The steering is good but I wish it was more tight like the Mercedes and the BMW. The handling is superb, much more car like than truck like. The comfort is very good, the seats are much better than the Mercedes and it seems like there are more adjustment options. I wish there was a little more thigh support. The rear seats are a little thin and there is not much leg room but not an issue for me. Gas mileage looking promising, I got 24 combo.

One sweet ride
By butch on 09/02/10 16:51 PM (PDT)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This vehicle is a pleasure to drive. It drives very smooth with plenty of power for a 4 cylinder.The build quality is up there with Mercedes & BMW. I had a 2003 Acura MDX and paid more for the Acura. The Audi Q5 as far as I am concerned is a lot of bang for your buck.

Don't need the V-6
By eastbay9 on 08/20/10 17:14 PM (PDT)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

My girlfriend and I drove both the 3.2 and 2.0T, needless to say we went for the 2.0T. This engine delivers more torque than the V-6 and torque is what drives power to the wheels. The 2.0 felt more tossable and having 8-speeds vs. 6-speeds made this vehicle a blast to drive. So far we are averaging 22 mpg combined driving. We also cross shopped the Mercedes GLK and Acura RSX but none of these other vehicles felt close with respect to interior comfort features.

Looks and Performance
By Trip on 08/04/10 14:56 PM (PDT)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Audi has a winner For people who want a zippy crossover with great mileage and luxury. Excellent handling, smooth ride, Navigation and Bluetooth are easy and very driver friendly.

Nice to Drive
By Carlos on 07/30/10 17:01 PM (PDT)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I sold my MB C230 to buy an SUV, I was undecided about the Q5, but searching through similar vehicles ( Toureg, X3, and GLK350) I'm sure I didn't make a mistake.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Audi Q5 in VA is:

$135 per month*