2011 Audi Q5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q5 model:
Audi Q5 2.0T Premium Plus - No Need for V-6
By ricks8 on 01/15/11 10:47 AM (PST)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

What a great vehicle! We bought a new Q5 2.0T for my wife to replace her 12 year old Lexus RX. We couldn't be happier so far and love everything about the car from styling to performance to value (under $40K). The Q5 was the runaway winner after comparing to the new RX (what is wrong with Lexus??!!), Volvo XC60, Infiniti EX and FX, Cadillac SRX, LR2, and MB GLK among others. (We looked at everything except the BMW X3, which wasn't available yet in December and we knew would be ridiculously priced anyway). The 2.0T will provide the best fuel economy and more than enough power - a shock to me. I would have never through a 4 cylinder could power an SUV like this one.

Best car I've ever owned... so far.
By zekespaw on 01/10/11 15:06 PM (PST)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I've owned many cars; (in no particular order) VW's, Ford's, Subaru's, Infinity, Lexus, etc. I have never had a car that was more enjoyable to drive, be in, or look at. It handles so very well on wet, dry, bumpy, smooth, pavement, uphill or flat. It's quick and tight. But it's also very comfortable and plush. The seats are amazingly comfortable and supportive. Visibility is wonderful. It's got the Nav., which I was hesitant to get, but now LOVE! The Audio system is great, especially the iPod dock and controls. Got the 'Teak' with the Cardamon (beige) leather. Gorgeous! I've never had a brown car, and this is a real beauty. So far... so good. I've had it less than one week.

Look Out BMW and Mercedes
By altoberst on 01/04/11 14:20 PM (PST)

2011 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I ordered a Premium Plus 2011 exactly to my specs with B&O stereo (worth every penny), 19" wheels, hitch, and navigation. Quartz Gray w/ Cinnamon interior. The Q-5 blew away my expectations. With 12,000+ miles it is consistently delivering 28 mpg on the highway. Amazing! Also ordered special Audi package 20" wheels with Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asymetrico all-season aftermarket tires on it. WOW! The car tracks like an arrow and looks fantastic. The interior functions are laid out better than any vehicle I have ever driven. Don't need to take your eyes off the road for any reason.

Great SUV
By bruddahkimo on 01/02/11 20:21 PM (PST)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This is our 4th Audi and it's our favorite one. We had a Q7 and it was awesome, but a bit too big for us. We went down to an A3 and it was too small. However, the Q5 fits in the middle and it suits our needs perfectly. I can't get over how fun it is to drive the Q5 and it drives very much like a car. It's a very practical car and we think it's awesome!

First rate ride
By dharper on 12/19/10 08:30 AM (PST)

2011 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I just traded in my wife's 2008 Platnium Toyota Sequoia for this small more manageable Audi. Having been a fan of Audi's for the last few years, I drive an A8L, thought she would enjoy being able to step into, instead of climbing up into, a luxury vehicle. She is extremely satisfied with how the car handles, the excellent visibility, and the smooth power train, not to mention the upgrade to the bang and olfsen sound system. Audi is the vehicle to challenge all others.

Soooo much better than the X3
By woodlink on 12/12/10 09:04 AM (PST)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I bought a used 2010 X3, drove it for three weeks and hated it. Rode like a brick on concrete wheels (ultrastiff). I've owned BMW's before and can say that the X3 is a complete mess. Returned it to dealer who gave me full value back - thanks Carmax. Having success years ago with an A4, I test drove the Q5 and bought it on the spot. A similarly equipped unit from Benz or BMW would be thousands more. BTW - A voluntary recall is in effect for the 2011 Q5 and it deals with a computer update that improves transmission shifting. (downshifting was a bit rough). Existing inventory on dealers lots should already be updated. The update on mine did the trick and the trans works perfectly

Sweet Machine
By geezer113 on 12/10/10 10:26 AM (PST)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This is a sweet handling, tight, good looking personal utility vehicle (PUV). The size is right and the 2.0t engine/8 speed transmission combination is like driving a Swiss watch. The power/torque curves in the 1500-3500 RPM range we live in are actually stronger than the 3.2 V-6. It handles and rides like an A4 but hauls anything you want to haul. The panoramic sunroof is stunning, and the feature content of the base model is all you need.

If only it had a better transmission
By petehogwallop on 11/27/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

After 1500 miles a few observations about the car. While overall a nice ride, it is hampered by the 8 speed tranny. It stutters and can be very harsh at low speeds (under 10mph). It feels similar to a car that is sputtering at idle, although it is coming from the transmission, not the engine. The tranny also is constantly shifting, and the sport mode doesn't seem to make it any "smarter" at gear selection, it just holds it for higher revs. My Sienna minivan provides smarter, smoother, quicker shifts (how's that for an insult?).

Fabulous vehicle
By Len on 11/22/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We recently purchased a 2011 Q5 3.2. I am very pleased with our purchase. My last three vehicles were a BMW X3, a BMW X5, and a VW Tiguan. The Q5 has the convenient size of the X3 with superior handling, the luxury and comfort of the X5, and the biggest surprise it has better gas mileage than the Tiguan. Audi Raleigh has treated us like life long customers and definitely make us feel like we matter. A world class vehicle from a world class dealer. Thanks Audi and Audi Raleigh.

Exactly what I needed
By twotonjonnytwoshoes on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I drove a 2500 chevy silverado for the past 4 years, driving over 60 miles a day to school and back. I questioned whether I would need the pick up function of my pick up truck, but I do not miss it one bit. I test drove all the other new vehicles and this one out classes them all. I spend my winters in VT at the ski hills and the Q5 is very sure footed. I have zero regrets, I LOVE the Audi Q5.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Audi Q5 in VA is:

$138 per month*