Used 2011 Audi Q5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Q5 model:

Replacement for my Beloved Audi Allroad
By reddingct

2011 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

After driving (and loving) my Audi Allroad for 6 years - I was looking for a replacement. Didn't expect to convert to the "Q" but after looking at my alternatives outside of Audi I became a believer. Had looked at the BMW X6 (great drive but too expensive for what you get) as well as the Volvo XC70 (only Allroad alternative...but not) and new Porshe Cayenne (no GTS) - but kept coming back to Audi (this is my 6th). I finally sat in a Q5 and realized what a good fit it was. Roomy interior (no kids so back seat doesn't impact me) - and enough storage. I opted for the 3.2 engine as I highway drive and need the power. Inside quality/design/technology are pure Audi. Ride is smooth and quiet.

Technology, pano roof, quality of interior, power of 3.2 engine, Bang/Olufsen audio system, quiet smooth ride

Wish the Q5 came with the 3.0 turbo Voice recognition could be a bit better Side mirrors are so large they block view! Really like the car but do miss the Allroad

First Audi, not my last if it holds up.
By chromeseeker

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Traded a 1998 ML320 for a 2011 2.0T base model. Looked at new and used diesel ML's, Touareg, Highlander Hybrid, Venza, Pilot, MDX: Q5 was way better, especially on a twisty road. Amazing zip for a 4, and awesome brakes! 3000 miles to date and no problems. Really fun to drive compared to prior suv's, including ML, Pathfinder and Volvo XC 70. Plenty of power driving over the Cascades from the valley, and passing on the interstates. 31 mpg at 65-75 mph on a recent 400 mile trip down I -5, fully loaded with 4 people and luggage. Base sound system with ipod is more than adequate. Panoramic sun roof doesn't cause interior overheating in the Northwest with temps to 90. Couldn't be happier so far.

Handling, acceleration, braking, interior comfort, highway fuel economy is hybrid like, safety/crash test results, controls and trip computer.

Roof rack system is OK. Would prefer an open rail to allow easier use of Yakima towers and bars.

Good looking car, poor build quality and horrible service
By skip37

2011 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Under 15K mi & water pump went out, front brake pads need to be replaced, wipers already shot (I live in SoCal & the vehicle is garaged) & I have the backseat constant rattle that Audi will not fix. We were just about to drive through the desert before the water pump failure...that Audi didn't warn us about. Instead, it ruined our trip & they washed our car for the inconvenience. They also deny that there is a problem with the seat rattle. Just do a search on it & you will see all the problems so many are experiencing. Now, I have to use duct tape to muffle a rattle that Audi will not fix on its 45K vehicle that is still under warranty. This is my second Audi and my last. Money pit!

Interior design

Build quality and service people at the dealerships....please have them fix the vehicle rather than plead and beg for you to give them a perfect score on their review. How Audi handled the water pump "silent recall" is total bush league. Okay, so Audi failed to manage its supply chain and get enough pumps in to handle a normal recall. At least have the dignity to forewarn your customers about a potential problem. Had our pump failed 250 miles later, we would have been stranded in the middle of the desert in the middle of the night. But thanks for that car wash to make up for your failures!

Best In Class
By dsippin

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

We got tired of our 2008 Audi TT 3.2 sports car (fun but impractical) and traded it in for a 2011 Q5 2.0L with the Premium Plus package. We could not be happier with this vehicle. It is far superior to the competition with a great blend of style, luxury, comfort, and economy. The electronics are phenomenal. The displays are sharp and crisp. Ride is a perfect blend of tautness and comfort - just returned from a 400-mile round-trip. Interior is extremely quiet. Perfect size, lots of leg room and plenty of rear storage. Getting close to 30mpg at $4.00 plus per gallon saves a lot of gas money. Dealership experience at Audi of Fairfield (CT) was terrific.

Smooth 8-speed tranny, state of the art electronics, nav, audio, iPhone interface for phone calls and music, rear-view camera, luxurious interior, stylish exterior, easy fold-down of rear seats, free roof racks.

Heated front seats do not get hot enough even at the highest setting.

2011 3.2 Q5 Prestige Pckg
By trinitywolf

2011 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

After doing a LOT of research and test driving we kept coming back to the Q5. There is nothing else quite like when you combine looks, features and performance. We liked the 2.0 engine but the 3.2 has no lag and it is silky smooth. Now, after hearing about the oil usage of the 2.0 we are very glad we chose the 3.2. Yes the gas mileage is not quite as good but we are ok with that.

The B and O sound system is off the chain. The Nav and the MMI controls have a learning curve but it is a very nice system. Beautiful interior. The doors open and close with a great feel and sound. The Q5 turns heads. It is a work of art.

The price. She is not cheap and we saw no bargains on a new or used one. It quickly builds up brake dust but so do a lot of others. We ordered ours and waited 3 long months. It was worth it. We got our Q5 exactly the way we wanted it. I wish you could buy one that stayed clean by itself all the time. ;)

• SUV