2011 Audi Q5 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 8-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews 2

2011 Audi Q5 - Consumer Reviews

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 8-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Q5 model:
Watch out for the 2.0T Engines
By atlas4 on 04/02/11 09:40 AM (PDT)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I tried to do as much research as possible and every review kept pointing to the Audi 2011 Q5 with the 2.0T as the best at this time. So I bought one. The ride is excellent, gas mileage is very good, the fit and finish is excellent but now comes the big issue. The car burns oil at a very high rate. At 4000 miles I had to add a full quart of oil. The manual says it can burn 1 qt. every 600 miles so I guess that mean at almost every fill up of gas put a qt of oil in. That sounds ridiculous. I called 3 dealers and all said yes it does burn a lot of oil. Well that is just not acceptable so I sold it got a Toyota Rav4 4WD with more power, more cargo room and does not burn oil.

Audi dealership quality
By hmsq5 on 02/28/11 16:49 PM (PST)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I bought this 2011 2.0T premium plus for my wife and she absolutely loves it. The car is comfortable, quiet and suits us well. But there seems to be a little bit of transmission lag when the car pulls away in the mornings. Very subtle and goes away. This is strange for a $40K car! I also bought a 2011 Acura RDX 2 weeks afterward, which IMO is more fun to drive and accelerates faster. Interestingly, the dealers could not differ anymore. The guys at Acura of Boston (Perry and Niso) were extremely nice, h elpful and there were 2-3 calls following the sales to check in. Benardi Audi tried to get me into paying a higher finance rate and never called once to follow up.

Wonderful vehicle
By zekespaw on 01/27/11 11:54 AM (PST)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I told my wife the other day that I actually look forward to my commute just so that I can drive this amazing vehicle. The ride, quiet, handling, performance, wiz-bang gizmo's, styling... these are all first rate. I compared many cars and kept going back to this one. It took me nearly 6 months to make a decision, and I have NO regrets. Complaints from reviewers about the overly complicated Nav system were obviously written by Luddites. It works wonderfully (except for what I wrote below). The feel and drivability of this car is outstanding. The other vehicles in it's class just don't compare. Maybe it's just a matter of taste, but the Q5 is all good taste.

Audi Q5 2.0T Premium Plus - No Need for V-6
By ricks8 on 01/15/11 10:47 AM (PST)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

What a great vehicle! We bought a new Q5 2.0T for my wife to replace her 12 year old Lexus RX. We couldn't be happier so far and love everything about the car from styling to performance to value (under $40K). The Q5 was the runaway winner after comparing to the new RX (what is wrong with Lexus??!!), Volvo XC60, Infiniti EX and FX, Cadillac SRX, LR2, and MB GLK among others. (We looked at everything except the BMW X3, which wasn't available yet in December and we knew would be ridiculously priced anyway). The 2.0T will provide the best fuel economy and more than enough power - a shock to me. I would have never through a 4 cylinder could power an SUV like this one.

Best car I've ever owned... so far.
By zekespaw on 01/10/11 15:06 PM (PST)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I've owned many cars; (in no particular order) VW's, Ford's, Subaru's, Infinity, Lexus, etc. I have never had a car that was more enjoyable to drive, be in, or look at. It handles so very well on wet, dry, bumpy, smooth, pavement, uphill or flat. It's quick and tight. But it's also very comfortable and plush. The seats are amazingly comfortable and supportive. Visibility is wonderful. It's got the Nav., which I was hesitant to get, but now LOVE! The Audio system is great, especially the iPod dock and controls. Got the 'Teak' with the Cardamon (beige) leather. Gorgeous! I've never had a brown car, and this is a real beauty. So far... so good. I've had it less than one week.

Great SUV
By bruddahkimo on 01/02/11 20:21 PM (PST)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This is our 4th Audi and it's our favorite one. We had a Q7 and it was awesome, but a bit too big for us. We went down to an A3 and it was too small. However, the Q5 fits in the middle and it suits our needs perfectly. I can't get over how fun it is to drive the Q5 and it drives very much like a car. It's a very practical car and we think it's awesome!

Soooo much better than the X3
By woodlink on 12/12/10 09:04 AM (PST)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I bought a used 2010 X3, drove it for three weeks and hated it. Rode like a brick on concrete wheels (ultrastiff). I've owned BMW's before and can say that the X3 is a complete mess. Returned it to dealer who gave me full value back - thanks Carmax. Having success years ago with an A4, I test drove the Q5 and bought it on the spot. A similarly equipped unit from Benz or BMW would be thousands more. BTW - A voluntary recall is in effect for the 2011 Q5 and it deals with a computer update that improves transmission shifting. (downshifting was a bit rough). Existing inventory on dealers lots should already be updated. The update on mine did the trick and the trans works perfectly

Sweet Machine
By geezer113 on 12/10/10 10:26 AM (PST)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This is a sweet handling, tight, good looking personal utility vehicle (PUV). The size is right and the 2.0t engine/8 speed transmission combination is like driving a Swiss watch. The power/torque curves in the 1500-3500 RPM range we live in are actually stronger than the 3.2 V-6. It handles and rides like an A4 but hauls anything you want to haul. The panoramic sunroof is stunning, and the feature content of the base model is all you need.

If only it had a better transmission
By petehogwallop on 11/27/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

After 1500 miles a few observations about the car. While overall a nice ride, it is hampered by the 8 speed tranny. It stutters and can be very harsh at low speeds (under 10mph). It feels similar to a car that is sputtering at idle, although it is coming from the transmission, not the engine. The tranny also is constantly shifting, and the sport mode doesn't seem to make it any "smarter" at gear selection, it just holds it for higher revs. My Sienna minivan provides smarter, smoother, quicker shifts (how's that for an insult?).

Exactly what I needed
By twotonjonnytwoshoes on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I drove a 2500 chevy silverado for the past 4 years, driving over 60 miles a day to school and back. I questioned whether I would need the pick up function of my pick up truck, but I do not miss it one bit. I test drove all the other new vehicles and this one out classes them all. I spend my winters in VT at the ski hills and the Q5 is very sure footed. I have zero regrets, I LOVE the Audi Q5.