2011 Audi Q5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q5 model:
Disappointed Beyond Belief
By unhappywill on 04/13/14 11:27 AM (PDT)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

After purchasing 4 Audi's from the same dealership I am at a loss for words. We bought an extended warranty to 100,000 miles. We had ongoing issues with oil and at 82,000 miles the pistons were replaced. At 103,000 they now tell us, after all services were performed at the dealership,there is a problem with the engine compression. They say it is our problem. Wow, I spent over $42,000 on a car that now will require a new engine and is over the warranty by 3,000 miles. I thought Audi was a premium brand that stood behind its product and appreciated a loyal customer. I guess 4 car purchases does not count for much these days. I don't think I'll be buying nor recommending Audi ever again

Great Overall Small CUV/SUV
By dbalsam on 01/19/14 08:02 AM (PST)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Have owned my 2.0T Premium Plus for 5 months now. Waited until honeymoon phase was over to write review. Coming from an 08 Infiniti G35xS to this, so big change. Wife drives an Infiniti XQ56 so I don't need anything larger. Grew tired of "G"cramped interior, lack of cargo/storage, road noise, no fold-down seats and gas mileage. Looked strictly for smaller CUV that was fun to drive, AWD, handled well, had good power, some decent cargo while maintaining the mpg's. Cross-shopped FX35, SRX, Touareg and X3. Love Q5!! For 2011 model year you had choice between 2.0T of 3.2. The 3.2 sucks more gas, lacks low-end torque and add over 200lbs. to car. ZERO issues with oil consumption.

3.5 years, 58k miles and counting.
By travis_in_tx on 11/12/13 20:18 PM (PST)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Purchased new 2011 2.0T with sunroof, no Navi. I use this suv all the time - lots of hiway miles, some offroad/farm tracks, vet errands, cross country. Need the SUV format. 1st set of OEM Tires lasted about 45k, new Pirellis I think are even better. I keep a qt of SynthOil in the boot, in 3 years have added 4 quarts total - glad mine's not unique, and seriously people, this is not among life's major problems considering all the positives. Lifetime MPG is 24.7. Audio/iPod/Sat is great. Cargo is functional, plenty of passer space. It's a solid efficient SUV, I don't know what I would get instead. I do have a soft spot for that Subaru/dog commercial, but Q5 suits me for work and after work.

Disappointed
By atlanta001 on 05/16/13 11:38 AM (PDT)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Bought a Q5 in 2010 August. While this is a great car to drive, problems with the oil consumption ( it is a major irritant) and brake pads ( I have done 47 K miles) and have them elaced twice. What is truly disappointing with Audi is the way the company and dealership have washed their hands of these issues. I used to own a BMW before shifting to an Audi, but this is definitely the last Audi I would ever buy

Fantastic value for a luxury vehicle
By jensjohn on 04/23/13 19:29 PM (PDT)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have owned this CPO 2011 Q5 for a year now and it is a pleasure to drive. Lovely ride, good service b the dealer although i am in the warranty period (29k miles). There were 2 issues - one is a broken sunvisor which was replaced free of charge and a leak/gap in a body panel that caused water to come in...this was also addressed through a technical bulletin and repaired free of charge. Build quality could be better and i was old that Audi is working on it. I am an Audi fan now.

2.0T oil consumption
By bibel1 on 03/15/13 04:23 AM (PDT)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I got this car relaying on Audi brand . I'm very disappointed that info about excessive oil consumption in these engines was available before . We are going back for refill oil every 1,200 miles.That is very annoying. Dealer does everything to accommodate us including free car wash. They claim this if within tolerance.We see dozens of disappointed Audi owners there.DO your research before you buy.There is more and more info online about this problem.

What the sales people don't tell you.
By geffroy on 04/16/12 17:47 PM (PDT)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

My Audi Q5 burns about 1 quart every 4K miles and we've owned it for about 1 1/2 years and has 22,000 miles. Audi says that as long as it's not more than 1 quart per 1,000 miles it's ok and in the mean time they won't do anything. Moreover, in the owner's manual (page 273) it states the following under the oil consumption section: "Depending on the way the vehicle is driven and the operating conditions, oil consumption can be up to ½ quart per 600 miles. Consumption may be higher within the first 3,000 miles." I expect more from a $50,000 car and Audi is washing their hands off on this issue. If we had know, we would have bought another car.

2.0T Q5
By 330zhp on 11/28/11 16:22 PM (PST)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Quiet, comfortable daily driver. Averaging about 24mpg. Love the steering (easy to turn in parking lots and slow turns). No effort to drive. Would not like this in a sports car, but works well in this application.

First Audi, not my last if it holds up.
By chromeseeker on 07/26/11 10:42 AM (PDT)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Traded a 1998 ML320 for a 2011 2.0T base model. Looked at new and used diesel ML's, Touareg, Highlander Hybrid, Venza, Pilot, MDX: Q5 was way better, especially on a twisty road. Amazing zip for a 4, and awesome brakes! 3000 miles to date and no problems. Really fun to drive compared to prior suv's, including ML, Pathfinder and Volvo XC 70. Plenty of power driving over the Cascades from the valley, and passing on the interstates. 31 mpg at 65-75 mph on a recent 400 mile trip down I -5, fully loaded with 4 people and luggage. Base sound system with ipod is more than adequate. Panoramic sun roof doesn't cause interior overheating in the Northwest with temps to 90. Couldn't be happier so far.

Best In Class
By dsippin on 06/01/11 12:36 PM (PDT)

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

We got tired of our 2008 Audi TT 3.2 sports car (fun but impractical) and traded it in for a 2011 Q5 2.0L with the Premium Plus package. We could not be happier with this vehicle. It is far superior to the competition with a great blend of style, luxury, comfort, and economy. The electronics are phenomenal. The displays are sharp and crisp. Ride is a perfect blend of tautness and comfort - just returned from a 400-mile round-trip. Interior is extremely quiet. Perfect size, lots of leg room and plenty of rear storage. Getting close to 30mpg at $4.00 plus per gallon saves a lot of gas money. Dealership experience at Audi of Fairfield (CT) was terrific.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Audi Q5 in VA is:

$138 per month*