Used 2010 Audi Q5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Audi Q5 - Consumer Reviews

3.2 Premium quattro 3.2L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic - (54 reviews )

Most Helpful|
Hated Crossovers until this!
By Aaron

2010 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I'm a sedan guy for a family ride, and when it came time for my wife to look for a new car I tried like heck to stay away from the SUV-Crossover segment. After driving the Q5 I have become a convert. The Q5 is a wonderful driving machine, precise in its handling (once you get used to the size) and surprisingly good in the twisties. Just got back from a road trip down to San Fran and I was very impressed. The overall feel of quality and competence in the way the Audi goes about its business is flat out impressive.

Favorite Features

The steering wheel feels so grounded to the road, 27 MPG on cruise control on the freeway, quiet and tidy interior, the feeling of balance in the twisties.

Suggested Improvements

Smaller mirrors, buffeting sound when sunroof open at speed is annoying.

Very Strange Experience So Far
By Greg

2010 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

The car runs well, but when we brought the car in for the first service we were told the water pump had a leak and they had to replace it, but it needed to be ordered. When they received the part we brought the car back to the dealer and they replaced the water pump but then told us there was a small leak in the transmission and they said Audi told them to replace the transmission. Went back when they received the transmission and they replaced it but then they said it was programmed for a diesel and had to order another one. Next one came and same problem. Now we are waiting for the 3rd transmission to arrive and the car has been there for 2 weeks. Still waiting for my car.

Suggested Improvements

Given my crazy experience so far with a car with only 5,000 miles, don't know what to say.

I've got a 3.0TDI diesel!
By Malon

2010 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Hey you guys in the US, I had to wait 6 months to get my 3.0TDI to Australia, and I can tell you at last that it was well worth the wait. The diesel power is very different to the 3.2 version. It comes as more of of a surge, rather than the instant zippy power of a petrol motor, but when it surges, it just seems to keep producing more and more power! I chose this over the 3.2 because it is more economical and has even faster acceleration. (0-60 mph in 6.5 seconds. I won't add to the comments others have already made about the build quality and driving pleasure as I'm sure this has already been covered, just wanted you all to know that the diesel is a monster!

Favorite Features

Design both inside and out, and the sunroof and premium sound system is a real buzz on a beautiful Sunday drive through the countryside.

Suggested Improvements

Better availability. I shouldn't have to wait 6 months to get my hands on one, but that's because I was very specific about the options I wanted.

Best by features, Worst by reliability
By Senthil

2010 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

2010 Audi Q5 is good vehicle but reliability is sub par. I bought my Q5 in August 09. I had jerks with upshift and downshift due to improperly installed transmission filter which apparently was a factory defect. The convenience key also quit working and they had to change the whole convenience module. They fixed it all under warranty. When I called Audi they offered me a mere 5000 miles extension on warranty or $250 cash (for a $53000 car!!). Looks like they do not trust their own product. I am just frustrated that I have been sold a defective product.

Favorite Features

Superior Handling, good power, MMI is great (steep learning curve though!), Sleek interiors, Audi Side assist, Bang and Oleufson Sound system, Panoramic sun roof

Suggested Improvements

Improve reliability and customer service, big transmission tunnel in the middle of rear foot space is not good, Leather seats not completely leather, obvious fabrics seed on the sides and spaces between seats.

Buyer Beware
By stma1

2010 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Audi Q5 is a great vehicle as long as you do not drive under 10 mph, I have a major transmission issue, 3rd replacement in 2 months, Audi corporate will not stand behind their products and work with you to satisfy yourself as a consumer, my vehicle has lurched and hesitated when coming to a stop causing 2 near accidents, I have never experienced such poor customer service form a corporate and a dealer standpoint, they act like it is my fault there is an issue, you have been warned!

Favorite Features

interior, bluetooth

Suggested Improvements

transmission and customer service