Used 2010 Audi Q5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Audi Q5 - Consumer Reviews

3.2 Premium quattro 3.2L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic - (54 reviews )

2 months in
By Tx Transplant

2010 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I wrote an earlier review and don't have much to add; I thoroughly enjoy the vehicle and am very happy with the choice. I do have some observations: my wife, who is 5' 2" drove my car one time and really disliked the oversize side mirrors as they obscured her view; I am 6'1" and haven't had that problem so maybe it's an issue only for smaller stature folks. If I could change one thing it still would be opting for all-season radials instead of the summer performance tires. Also, a minor beef: the rear view camera takes a few moments to initialize so I find I'm having to wait after hopping in and cranking the ignition before I can begin to back up. All in all a great car!

Audi Advanced Key, rear view camera (slow to start, though!) panorama sunroof; MMI--very easy to control all functions

stick with all season radials, would like smaller side mirrors

Q5 exceeds expectations
By Northeast Q5

2010 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased the 2010 Q5 about 5 weeks ago and this vehicle has exceeded all my expectations. It rides and handles beautifully. It feels very safe and stable and can stop on a dime. The interior is also quite impressive. It just looks and feels great. Really nice to drive after a long day at work. Averaging 26 mpg between 20% city and 80% highway driving. Overall, I would not hesitate to purchase another Q5 if anything ever happens to this one.

Panoramic sunroof, interior quality, exterior looks, LED lighting, MMI interface.

Where is the diesel option?

New Q
By TR

2010 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought my Q5 a month ago and I love it. Very solidly built. I am really enjoying the "Smart Key" feature. I also am a fan of the MMI; though it's not really what I would call "intuitive", it hasn't been all that hard to adapt to. I love that I can make and take phone calls, navigate through the onscreen menu, adjust climate, etc, without having to "reach" for any controls. Complaints? It does seem to accelerate somewhat unevenly at very low speeds; room in the backseat is also tight--I'm 6 ft 1 in so when I drive, someone sitting behind me won't have much legroom---fortunately that rarely happens! GREAT looking car. I'll review again in 6 months.

Smart Key, iPod integration, Panorama roof

transmission/accelerator? I have the performance summer tires and would probably prefer an all-season radial

Hated Crossovers until this!
By Aaron

2010 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I'm a sedan guy for a family ride, and when it came time for my wife to look for a new car I tried like heck to stay away from the SUV-Crossover segment. After driving the Q5 I have become a convert. The Q5 is a wonderful driving machine, precise in its handling (once you get used to the size) and surprisingly good in the twisties. Just got back from a road trip down to San Fran and I was very impressed. The overall feel of quality and competence in the way the Audi goes about its business is flat out impressive.

The steering wheel feels so grounded to the road, 27 MPG on cruise control on the freeway, quiet and tidy interior, the feeling of balance in the twisties.

Smaller mirrors, buffeting sound when sunroof open at speed is annoying.

I've got a 3.0TDI diesel!
By Malon

2010 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Hey you guys in the US, I had to wait 6 months to get my 3.0TDI to Australia, and I can tell you at last that it was well worth the wait. The diesel power is very different to the 3.2 version. It comes as more of of a surge, rather than the instant zippy power of a petrol motor, but when it surges, it just seems to keep producing more and more power! I chose this over the 3.2 because it is more economical and has even faster acceleration. (0-60 mph in 6.5 seconds. I won't add to the comments others have already made about the build quality and driving pleasure as I'm sure this has already been covered, just wanted you all to know that the diesel is a monster!

Design both inside and out, and the sunroof and premium sound system is a real buzz on a beautiful Sunday drive through the countryside.

Better availability. I shouldn't have to wait 6 months to get my hands on one, but that's because I was very specific about the options I wanted.